Author Topic: Call put on hold by agent  (Read 3574 times)

clambert

• View Profile
    • Email
Call put on hold by agent
« on: July 09, 2009, 02:12:27 »
Hi,

I have been searching through the literature and forum but can't find anything regarding my problem. I need to be able to report how long an agent have put a call on hold for the duration of the call.

Thank you in advance

cedric

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Call put on hold by agent
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 09:24:33 »
This is unfortunately noty tracked by Asterisk, and therefore Qm has no way to know this.

jonstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 20:13:07 »
There is definitely an event triggered that could be tracked, otherwise music on hold would never work.

-- SIP/FlowRoute-b683f810 is making progress passing it to SIP/1184-08269860
    -- SIP/FlowRoute-b683f810 answered SIP/1184-08269860
(hold button pressed)
    -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/FlowRoute-b683f810
(call resumed)
    -- Stopped music on hold on SIP/FlowRoute-b683f810

Could this not be tracked in QM somehow, since it is one of the more important metrics in determining agent performance in an inbound call center.

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:24:49 »
Hi,
actually QueueMetrics is not using any AMI events at all to calculate statistics. AMI is used by QM for other minor purposes.

What QM is taking care is what "officially" asterisk is logging on queue log file. For this reason the music on hold event is not treated as relevant information for QM being not stored in the queue log file.

Regards,
Marco Signorini.

torontob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 16:42:48 »
Hi All/Developers,

I would like to post a bounty for this feature for $50. Anyone else interested? As the OP mentioned there is the Music on Hold event that is generate and maybe it can be tracked from the /var/log/asterisk/full ever few minutes or so and then data can be uploaded to the queue table or added to the queue file for future use?

This will bring yet an extra field to the call handling and maybe graphs that will show the amount of time agent put the customer of HOLD.

Please weigh in.

Thanks,

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 09:56:34 »
If Asterisk were to handle this at the dialplan level, we would happily track that as well.