Author Topic: Queuemetrics and Asterisk 1.8  (Read 10665 times)

cursor

• View Profile
Queuemetrics and Asterisk 1.8
« on: December 14, 2010, 23:31:59 »
Is Queuemetrics compatible with Asterisk 1.8?  Anything you need to modify in the configuration to make it compatible?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Queuemetrics and Asterisk 1.8
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:55:25 »
We have noted a few small issues, mostly with the logger. So basically it is, you may notice a few points you have to fix manually in the  dialplan. We are working on a quick guide and an updated extensions_queuementrics.conf for 1.8.

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:15:44 »
We spent some days around asterisk 1.8.1 and, at the end, we found a set of workarounds that let us able to have it working with QueueMetrics, at least in the environment we set up. Please note that we tested the environment using dynamic agents with hotdesking enabled, as described in the document you can find at the link http://www.queuemetrics.com/download/QM_Trixbox_40.pdf

We started from a fresh TrixBox 2.8.0.4 install then we replaced asterisk with the latest 1.8.1, compiling it from sources.

The first problem found seems related to a bug present in asterisk (since the 1.8.0 version) that prevents the full queue activity log until a reload command is issued from the CLI. To fix this problem we had to change the code in the logger.c file found in the main subfolder present in the asterisk sources, near the line 396, in order to have something similar to what is listed below:

if (qlog)
                fclose(qlog);

{
                char tmp[4096];
                snprintf(tmp, sizeof(tmp), "%s/%s", ast_config_AST_LOG_DIR, queue_log_name);
                qlog = fopen(tmp, "a");
        }

Then we had to rebuild asterisk and to reinstall it.

The next step is to change the extensions_queuemetrics.conf in order to fix a problem related to the pipe separator that is now deprecated in asterisk 1.8.
To have this, we replaced the macro-queuelog at the end of the file with the code:

exten => s,1,Set(ADDINFO=${ARG6}|${ARG7}|${ARG8})
exten => s,n,QueueLog(${ARG3},${ARG2},${ARG4},${ARG5},${ADDINFO})

This should solve the login-logout procedures from the agent panel.

We then changed the line

exten => 11,7,ChanSpy(${QM_AGENT_EXT)

to

exten => 11,7,ChanSpy(${QM_AGENT_LOGEXT})

in the extensions_queuemetrics.conf file to enable chan spy for dynamic agents with hotdesking.

We restarted QM and agents were able to log-in/log-out pause/unpause through the QueueMetrics agent page.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:17:32 by marcos »

jahyde

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 19:11:48 »
So it would appear that the important features work on 1.8, is there any reason to still use Asterisk 1.6x?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:05 »
Yes basically it is okay (from the point of view of Qm - with  features and stability, you choose).

shalashaska314

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 17:30:05 »
Is any way to make QM working with asterisk 1.8 without recopiling it ???

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 10:42:47 »
Some our customers were able to run QueueMetrics with the asterisk version 1.8 installed on the latest FreePBX.
He reported asterisk was not logging queue activity to the queue_log file until he added a dummy static agent on a queue.

We did not tried that solution so it's something not official we have to investigate. If you have time and you want to do it, please tell us more!

Thank you and regards,
Marco Signorini.

avishnev

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 00:12:38 »
I had a similar issue with asterisk 1.8.5. queue_log was not being updated. AddQueueMember did not work on all queues. I added static member to each queue i am working on, but it still did not work as in 1.6.2.19. Any Ideas?

avishnev

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 00:38:13 »
I was able to resolve my issue by implementing the patch mentioned above for logger.c. I rebuilt and re-installed and queue_log is working as before.

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 09:42:27 »
Hi,

@avishnev: Sorry, just to clarify:

I rebuilt and re-installed and queue_log is working as before.

means that is not working yet?

Best regards,
Marco Signorini.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 11:57:26 »
I was able to resolve my issue by implementing the patch mentioned above for logger.c. I rebuilt and re-installed and queue_log is working as before.

We have created a sticky topic to keep track of this issue: http://forum.queuemetrics.com/index.php?topic=1327.0

jucha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 03:34:26 »
Asterisk 1.8.8.0 released at Dic 16 2011
I saw that /usr/src/asterisk/main/logger.c has changed, and do not needs to modify the line qlog.