Author Topic: Set Alarms on Specific Channels... ?  (Read 6424 times)

revolution

• AOL Instant Messenger - DigressionTheory
    • View Profile
Set Alarms on Specific Channels... ?
« on: January 22, 2008, 15:58:15 »
so I really dig the alarm thing (esp. the audible one) in relation to our internal calling (people of course can abuse internal calling in order to skew their numbers) -- but I noticed you can't set an alarm on a specific channel when you've monitoring multiples.

In a call-center type enviroment, this could really be helpful (the ability to set the alarm only on one channel out of 8 for example). I've never done anything with java, so I can't alter it to do this myself. :(

Anyone see the use in this ability?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Set Alarms on Specific Channels... ?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:06:43 »
I am not sure I understand this: you would like the ability to, say, click on a call in progress and add it special alarms, or to add alarms that are differentiated by incoming call class, or queue?

revolution

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:15:12 »
add alarms by queue...

my example here is one we're using in a real-world application (call-center... primarily inbound with some outbound)

One of the determining factors in an the evaluation of the agents (i.e. to determine if they should be paid more/less, what level of benefits they should receive, etc.) is the amount of 'call-time' per day they average compared to how often they're on the phone -- queuemetrics is useful in tracking this (especially with pause codes, outcomes, etc. -- p.s. i wrote a nifty little php script that pauses an agent and inputs a pause code based on dialed extension if you'd like to see or test it)...

now -- people will *always* try to get over on the system... in this case by making internal calls to simulate call-time (some internal calls are legit... some are bullsh*t)...

What I think would be a good option would be to have the option to have an alarm on a specific queue (in my case -- internal) when you are running real-time with multiple queues -- in your example you use ooAll...) -- this would all the floor supervisor or section supervisor to be aware when an internal call is made so they can discretely listen in on that call to make sure it is a legitimate call... and not one just being used to run-up call time.

Your thoughts?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:44:29 »
Well you could set all calls in internal to be at alarm level red if their call length exceeds two seconds of conversation. This would be pretty visible.

revolution

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 15:45:51 »
I did that... it works fine when realtime is only viewing internal calls...

but when you're viewing multiple queues... it doesnt show up :(

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 15:49:28 »
Because you need to configure that in the aggregate queue as well.
The problem, from whaty I can understand, is that there is only one alarm, and that is per queue and not, in case of composite queues, per member of the composite queue.

That is, if you have queues A and B each with their own analrm levels, you can create a queue A|B and set an alarm level for all calls in A or in B, but the alarm levels defined for A or for B will not be shown when seeing A|B.

Is this the problem you're trying to solve? :D

revolution

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 17:24:55 »
Because you need to configure that in the aggregate queue as well.
The problem, from whaty I can understand, is that there is only one alarm, and that is per queue and not, in case of composite queues, per member of the composite queue.

That is, if you have queues A and B each with their own analrm levels, you can create a queue A|B and set an alarm level for all calls in A or in B, but the alarm levels defined for A or for B will not be shown when seeing A|B.

Is this the problem you're trying to solve? :D

lol... yep!! along with many other problems of the world (including my lack of any real sleep lately... boo insomnia).