Author Topic: Can Barge-In Functionalty do this? If not, How?  (Read 4666 times)

kayodea

• View Profile
Can Barge-In Functionalty do this? If not, How?
« on: January 23, 2008, 17:10:48 »
Hi All,

I am so happy to see Barge-in fuctionalty discussed on QueueMetrics Forum. Please is there a way to allow (may be a switch with ChanSpy()) enable the  Agent and the customer to hear what the spying person says.

I need this to work as my current solution only enables my Agents to hear me when I spy on a live conversation with QueueMetrics. The customers can't here me. I need both of them to hear what I say when I barge-in.

QM is a Great Application.

Cheers to All.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Can Barge-In Functionalty do this? If not, How?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:45:58 »
This is an Asterisk thing and really depends on the version of Asterisk you're running. Since Asterisk 1.4, you can have whispers with "w" or "W" that do what you need to do, see http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+ChanSpy

kayodea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 17:19:22 »
If, I am not mistaken, the b option will allow ChanSpy() to bridge to all connected channels. OK!

Now, if I add the b option to my config will it allow me to connect to both my Agent and the Customer that called my Call centre?, So both of them can hear me when.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:08:17 »
I think that if you need "whispering", the "w" option will allow your agent to hear you, while the "W" option will allow both your agent and your caller to hear you (ending up in a three callers conference).

kayodea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:24:19 »
OK! I have used "w" option successfully and it does allow me to wisper to my Agent. But what I red about the "W" option is that it only allows spiee to talk to the Agent while not be able to listen in (one way to the Agent). I will try that immediately and see how it works (I hope it works as you just mensioned, that will make my day).  Now if it works, can I use both switch ("w" & "W") together and be able to toggle between both as need be?

Again, what exactly does the "b" option do, using my scenerio?

I als read at the wiki that Asterisk-1.4.18 will address a bug that Chanspy() causes when trying to spy and monitor at the same time by introducing something called "audiohooks". How will this affects QM users?

Cheers.