Author Topic: QueueMetrics and Real-Time Asterisk  (Read 4952 times)

jaroth

• View Profile
QueueMetrics and Real-Time Asterisk
« on: September 05, 2008, 17:00:33 »
Does QueueMetrics integrate well with real-time Asterisk?  For example, can agent and queue information be accessed from MySQL as it would be in real-time Asterisk?   It looks like the queue_log data can be accesses ok, but my concern is with the rest of the configuration data.   Would I need to have some static configuration data outside of the real-time access (in agents.conf for example)?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: QueueMetrics and Real-Time Asterisk
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 14:56:56 »
At the moment Qm is not able to load its configuration for Realtime (though this is planned).
Apart for that, we have a lot of clients who use Realtime as their backend and it works great.

barryf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 17:09:26 »
Hi,

I have ARA realtime queue_members quite well integrated with QM.

In Asterisk 1.4 you can have static queues, but with Realtime members, so what I do is statically create the queues, but leave the members to Realtime. I have a small PHP script which runs via cron (although I am looking at a way to trigger this) which queries the QM database to see which agents are in which queues, and at what penalty, and writes this information to the ARA database.

This way, the callcentre managers can move agents into and out of queues totally within QM, and Asterisk is automatically updated. This ensures that QM and Asterisk are always in sync, and puts the power in the hands of the managers as far as which agents are in which queues.

I do intend to release a Howto on this for anyone interested, but at the moment I am just finishing up getting rid of the use of AgentCallbackLogin, as it is depricated in 1,4 and gone in 1.6. This job, which I was dreading, has actually turned out much better than I had hoped, and results in a better system I think.

Regards,

-Barry

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:49:42 »
Thanks. We are at the moment developing a tool that doe the Qm autoconfig from the queues, but if you want to share your script, I'm sure many people will appreciate it.

vbcrlfuser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 00:20:45 »
Barry - do you have that script handy? I have a need for exactly the same thing and don't want to reinvent the while if I don't have to. Not to auto configure QM from queue_members ARA, but rather sync queue_member ARA from the QM tables. As you said giving call center mangers the ability to add and remove agents at will from QM.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 10:41:37 »
Hi Barry,
I would like to see that too.