Author Topic: fonloader2 error talking to queuemetrics db  (Read 2357 times)

sbingram

• View Profile
fonloader2 error talking to queuemetrics db
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:06:05 »
We are setting up QueueMetrics for the first time with PIAF. The QueueMetrics install itself seemed to go perfect, but Fonloader2 is another story altogether. No matter how I configure the new user fonloader2 in MySQL (127.0.0.1, localhost or the IP address of the server itself), Fonloader2 reports and errror:

Now connecting to DB queuemetrics on 127.0.0.1 as user fonloader2 with password javadude

Error: Access denied for user 'fonloader2'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I've tried the exact same parameters in the /etc/sysconfig/fonloader2 file on the command line and it works perfectly. The logs are sloppy too as there are lots of carriage returns and the ordering of the output is even messed up. This makes it even more difficult to debug the problem.

Thinking that the Redhat init script is also bad (one of the options is repeated in the start command line), I tried running the fonloader2.pl program with the necessary command line options and it at least ran and appeared to start importing data into the queue_log table, however, the errors in the log continued.

Do I maybe need an evaluation license to use this? I'm not really sure where to go next.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: fonloader2 error talking to queuemetrics db
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 10:53:45 »
Why do you use Fonloader2? you need qloaderd for PIAF.