Author Topic: Outbound dialing using queue dial to multiple/fail over trunks  (Read 7993 times)

jmccall

• View Profile
I've recently implemented the QM outbound dialing on my FreePBX 2.8/Asterisk 1.4 box and had a problem when my providers primary server was not accepting calls, I have a fail over server setup for them in the trunks and normal outbound routes can use the fail over.

My question is how do I setup the [queuedial] to fail over if the primary is down.

Thank you
Jason

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Outbound dialing using queue dial to multiple/fail over trunks
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:28:48 »
It is seen as a normal trunk in TrixBox, so you should use it the way you would with any other trunk.

jmccall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 20:28:42 »
Yeah I do have the outbound route going to the queue dial. I'm talking about in the dial plan the manual that I've seen so far only gives info on one trunk...

Will let you call number 012345678 as Zap/g0/012345678 that is, will dial it on the fist available channel in your Zaptel card.
You may otherwise have a format like SIP/myprovider/012345678 that will dial numer 012345678 through a SIP trunk called "myprovider".
You should also add the following piece of code to your extensions_queuemetrics.conf file (make sure it’s not already present):

on http://queuemetrics.com/manuals/QM_Trixbox-chunked/ar01s03.html what I'd like to setup is if 'myprovider' fails that it will try 'myproviderbackup'.

Thank you
Jason

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:19:26 »
You should set it up at a higher level - when you define the trunk, the trunk will fail if the call does not go through, so you should try another one. It is correct that the single call on the single trunk just fails.

jmccall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 17:21:45 »
Sorry I guess I'm not the best @ advanced * or QM configuration, hence the freebpx install  :). Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you
Jason

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 10:17:52 »
You can create a route that uses multiple custom trunks, one after the other.
You could create multiple trunks (copy and paste the queuedial context to queuedial1, queuedial2.... so you can edit each separately)

jmccall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 22:36:59 »
Came to this same conclusion after giving it a bit more thought. Thank you.  :) works great.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 12:10:35 »
If you care to write how you did that, we might add that to the FAQ.