Author Topic: Calls not being connected to users in the queue.  (Read 5947 times)

rneubauer

• View Profile
    • Email
Calls not being connected to users in the queue.
« on: October 15, 2008, 18:35:40 »
we just instaleld queuemetrics, and when calls are coming into the queue, some of them are connecting fine, others just have dead air. If I use ring groups everything works fine, but doesnt help me get reports on Call metrics ;).

as soona s I change to ring calls intot he queue, they start to have dead air.

We are running Asterisk 1.4.21.2, with all yum updates, and latest version of queuemetrics.

Is it possible that we are using the worng version of the extensions_queuemetrics, becvause it is the same file we used on our 1.2 server?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Calls not being connected to users in the queue.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:40:03 »
It looks like an Asterisk problem to me - QM has nothing to do with the handling of calls in queues, that part is completely done by Asterisk's app_queue.

As a debug suggestion, try looking at the Asterisk CLI with set verbose 99 while this is happening, and see if there is anything strange showing - like codec problems, telephones hanging up, or whatever....

rneubauer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 15:28:41 »
I finally got some time yesterday to focus on it. The issue is something to do with the "A" that we are putting in front of the agent number in the queue in Freepbx. The agents file does have all the agents and is setup correctkly according to the documentation.

When I remvoe the "A" from the agents in the queue section of Freepbx, everything starts working fine, but the reporting does not update in real-time.
Here is what I vae for my agents.conf file:

[general]
persistentagents=yes
[agents]
ackcall=no
agent => 300,,Susan
agent => 301,,Michelle

It seems to be in order,, but the calls come in, and ring the phones. When somneone picks up the call, there is dead air. This happens 90% of the time. There are a few that get through. The other interesting thing is that the calsl dont detect that they have gotten hung up. meaning that astwerisk will think that the agent s is still on the call wiht that inbound caller, even though they have said" Hello?, Hello?" and then hung up. This prevents any more calls from ringing at their desk.

It is driving me nuts trying to get this figured out, any ideas?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 16:55:33 »
Try setting maximum verbosity and see what you get on the CLI.

bonesyjr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 18:36:26 »
Any follow up on this topic?  I am having a similar problem where I we are dropping 10-15% of in the inbound calls and it is just dead air.  I thought that is had something to do with a FREEPBX bug (#3345 inbound CID routing fix), but updated the core and we are still having the same issue.  I love queuemetrics so far, but I really need this this issue fixed in order to keep using the product.  Any information to the topic would be greatly appreciated.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 08:58:41 »
You should really see what can be done with maximum verbosity. If the problem you are having is TrixBox related, why not using a different distro?

rneubauer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 06:29:46 »
We arent using TB. Just Asterisk with Freepbx, and queuemetrics......

I see that if I add the "A" to the agents in the queue, then the calls come in with dead air. But as soon as I remove it, everything works fine, but queuemetrics doesnt work properly. I am will ing to pay for support, but I also have never asked for it since we bought 10 licenses of it earlier this year.

I will post what I get from the verbose debg tomorrow morning..

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 09:00:38 »
Are you sure you have chan_agent loaded?
BTW, QM works fine with dynamic logons.

bonesyjr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 18:21:22 »
I am sure I could load a different distro...but I am pretty familiar with Trixbox at this point.  When looking at the asterisk log file i am getting the following warning

WARNING[3882] app_queue.c: The device state of this queue member, Agent/402, is still 'Not in Use' when it probably should not be! Please check UPGRADE.txt for correct configuration settings.

Anybody know what this is related to?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 09:35:15 »
I think it's related to setting the SIP maximum calls for the extension.

See this as a pointer: http://readlist.com/lists/lists.digium.com/asterisk-users/14/70666.html