Author Topic: Using Outbound Routes  (Read 3455 times)

carlosmp

• View Profile
Using Outbound Routes
« on: April 01, 2010, 19:22:43 »
I saw an older post titled LCR, and the response was to setup custom extensions to handle this.  However, would it not be possible to redirect the call back into the Outbound routes to accomplish this?  I was wondering if there was anything stopping from sending the calls to outbound-allroutes and let the system determine based on the rules we may already have.  This would accomplish everything needed.  By having the call originate in the queuedial or queuedial-loggedin contexts, the call would simply be sent right back out, just on the proper trunk(s).  This also allows for redundancy for failover, etc. using the builtin mechanisms asterisk already has.

If we are adding an 8 to the outbound to get out, in the queuedial and queuedial-loggedin contexts I was going to change the line that sets the QDialer channel to:

exten => _XXXXX.,n,Set(QDIALER_CHANNEL=9${QDIALER_NUMBER})

This would set the dial string to 9+ the actual dial string.  At this point all the QDIALER parameters have been set correctly?  If so, then in the qm-queuedial context, I was wondering how to change the dial command to a GoTo(outbound-allroutes), passing the same parameters.

I'm currently using asterisk 1.4.25.1, freePBX 2.7 QueueMetrics 1.6.0.1

Thanks in advance.

Carlos.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Using Outbound Routes
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 17:18:28 »
The only problem I see if this causes problems with multiple macros.
The idea is good, try it! :)