Author Topic: Installation On Windows Server 2003  (Read 2156 times)

TSIQM

• View Profile
Installation On Windows Server 2003
« on: July 16, 2009, 16:32:53 »
Hello,

We are QM and our IT environment is pretty mixed, we were thinking of the of were to best install it best, now after having thought of it we would prefer to install it on a Win server 2003 with the Tomcat and SQL Database, but a couple of question are risen here.

1)

Will it work properly on Win2003 because in the installation  guide it says that it's either a RPM based distribution of linux or WinXP/win2000 ?

2)

if it does work and we installed it on a win2003 machine will it be supported?

3)
what are the best hardware specs that you gather works fine after having used QM?

regards 

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
Re: Installation On Windows Server 2003
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 10:35:23 »
Hi,
I don't have any direct experience on QueueMetrics running on Windows 2003 server but, being QueueMetrics a java based system, I don't think that it will have problems with Tomcat on Windows machines. There is not, moreover, an installation package for this OS and it should be installed manually as webapp application.

QueueMetrics will be supported even if installed on Window machine. The support will be, as actually is for Linux machines, related only to QueueMetrics issues and not to the system integration.

The requested hardware is related to how many concurrent agents you have to manage; i.e. how many concurrent live agents page and realtime you need to serve.
Actually, a mid range desktop is sufficient for small/medium sized call centers. Being a Java application, I suggest to have a lot of memory available for it.

Regards,
Marco Signorini.