Author Topic: Queuemetrics High Availability  (Read 5900 times)

gopal2k

• View Profile
Queuemetrics High Availability
« on: June 06, 2013, 17:42:17 »
I have gone through the link http://queuemetrics.com/manuals/QM_AdvancedConfig-chunked/ar01s12.html and planning to build HA for Queuemetrics.

In the link what I understood is we have SITE A and SITE B where both has separate DB Server, and the both DB server were having Master to Master replication, when the WAN goes down the local DB will get revoked and the agents will be still active. The logical concept I got it.

Coming to the practicality, I see some line in the link as follows,
and run the following command to make server3 a slave of server2 (it is important that you replace the values in the following command with the values you got from the SHOW MASTER STATUS command that we ran on server2!):

where I don't understand what is server 3, all we have is only 2 servers, one in SITE A and the other in SITE B.

Any comments / advice would be appreciated.

Regards

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Queuemetrics High Availability
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 12:52:56 »
I believe server3 is server B mentioned earlier. Must be some issue with copy and paste :)
I'll add a bug so that the docs get fixed.

If you get it working and have some notes/tips to share I'd love to have them added.

gopal2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 16:49:55 »
We have a made a setup as suggested in the link http://queuemetrics.com/manuals/QM_AdvancedConfig-chunked/ar01s12.html except the last part "Configure replica from B (master) to A (slave)" its working fine.

Now for Queuemetrics, if the primary application server goes down, we are manually pointing/swapping the IP to secondary QM application server. Actually we have purchased QM HA license and I was told to implement that.

But I don't find any documentation for QM HA. Is that to be done via pacemaker kind of application?

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 18:20:53 »
You could use that, or a balancer in front.

gopal2k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 14:39:54 »
Our management people has purchased HA license for Queuemetrics, if we are using 3rd party application, then where this license will be used?

Thanks.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 10:51:53 »
Not sure I understand. On your HA server, obviously :)

gopal2k

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 14:04:40 »
Basically my doubt is, without HA license if i use heartbeat application it won't work?

Like using pacemaker with corosync along with DRBD... without installing Queuemetrics HA license?

Regards

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 10:00:03 »
As long as the two instances are NOT active at the same, this is okay. If they are, the key might get locked, so you should use two different keys.