Author Topic: ring groups and single extensions  (Read 2357 times)

smitty589

• View Profile
ring groups and single extensions
« on: August 12, 2009, 18:12:27 »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this questions but here goes:

I've had clients request call logs for either specific time frames and/or extensions but only want to see the number of calls received from outside. From what I can tell, the CDR application in FreePBX can filter time and extension but can not filter based on different incoming trunks or zap channels. Also, there is no way to filter internal calls from external calls and transferred calls.

Is Queuemetrics able to record and display call information on a system that has ring groups as well as queues? 

Is it able to record and display call information for a single extension?

I have been researching a solution for my clients but the only thing that comes close to what they are requesting is Queuemetrics, but I need to know more about its functionality before implementing it.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: ring groups and single extensions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:31:58 »
Hello,
the answer is "yes, but...".

Yes because QM can track the DID code, the queue and the answering agent, and can search and report by these and about twenty other call parameters.

But because Qm is built to track calls that were handled by the queue() command in Asterisk; other calls are -  by design - not tracked. So this is okay as long as we are speaking of queue data. Also, you'll have to provide the DID codes by making a small change to the dialplan - Asterisk does not track this information currently.

I suggets that you requesta demo key and run a demo in your own environment so yuou can see if Qm is the right tool for the job.