Author Topic: QM and after hours.  (Read 4363 times)

moa

• View Profile
QM and after hours.
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:12:17 »
So I have two questions. Instead of starting two threads, I'll just combine them into one.

1) Every night at midnight. QM seems to clear all agents currently logged in.  I've checked the configuration files and cant seem to find anything. Any ideas on how to stop this?  We run a 24/7 call center and our agents are logging back in to clear this up.

2) Does QM do some sort of database indexing?  It seems that periodically throughout the week around 6 or 7 PM MySQL is at around 100% CPU usage.  I've looked at the process list inside MySQL but don't see anything out of the ordinary.  During the 8-5 hours we have an average of 14 technicians logged in, after hours it's about half that.  So it's not a load problem.  Any ideas?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: QM and after hours.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:41:30 »
1. You mean everybody disappears from the real-time report? that's because the real-time report is thought of for "daily" call-centers, so it looks as back as the last midnight. You can easily change that to support a 24/7 call center by using a "sliding window" of 1.5 times the length of your maximum agent session, eg if your agents stay logged on for 6 hours, you should use 9 to 12 hours to be sure.

Code: [Select]
#The hour of the day to start realtime monitoring or sXX: sliding window of XX hours
realtime.startHour=s12

this will use a 12-hour sliding window to compute real-time reports.

2. no it does not. It might just be that at 6 or 7 pm you fetch a lot of data for each run, so MySQL suffers. The change above should help you fix that as well.

moa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 22:48:45 »
Thanks for your quick response.  That's exactly what I was looking for.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 15:44:13 »
Was your problem fixed?  :D

moa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 17:18:22 »
 ;D

So far so good!
I haven't had any complaints about QM becoming extremely slow after hours. And watching the mysql process doesn't show any bit of a load.   ;D ;D

As far as agents disappearing of off of the real-time reports.  I haven't been awake to watch it happen since I made the change.  I'll have our graveyard guy keep an eye on it tonight.

Once again,
Thanks for all your help.  You guys really do a good job on supporting your product.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 17:30:01 »
Thanks. We work on it all day and we really care. It's not just a matter of selling software, it's a matter of building the best call-center monitor for Asterisk.

Wessel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 01:03:34 »
Question,

I would like to have some of my agents stay in there for a week as a fall back. would it hurt to make this window hudge? Or will this impact the calculation of the stats?

Wessel

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 13:51:24 »
It will make the calcluation as huge as well. Maybe if you have 10 agents you won't notice, but this makes no sense if you have 50+ agents online.