Author Topic: PAUSE code includes an amigous reason code know as: "-" - Is this a bug?  (Read 3743 times)

torontob

• View Profile
Hello,

By default for aesthetic reasons and to avoid confusion a scroll down should include the top value as the default displayed and selected value. However, this doesn't happen for the scroll down of the reason code when an agent wants to go on PAUSE. In fact an agent can chose "-" as the reason code and it shows in the reports.

Please don't tell me it's a bug and has to wait for few months to get solved.

Is there a way to remove this and to only allow the proper reason codes to be picked up?

Thanks

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
That is because an agent always has an option to pause without a reason.

torontob

• View Profile
Why without a reason?

The purpose of reasons are to make sure a strict policy is followed.

Please provide the option for us (the users) to chose this as it's a very subjective idea.

In fact, agents can log out without a reason and say they mis-clicked it and there is no way to properly tally their hours spent.

At the very least, the "-" should be option to add or not in the list of the options. Don't you agree?

Thanks

mudslide567

• View Profile
I would like to second this.  It is annoying to have to have floor managers chase down agents who have paused without a reason.  As a temporary workaround, we had to implement a test in the dial plan that simply rejects the pause if it comes without a reason.

I think in general that QM needs to think about being able to tighten up Administrators abilities to battle bad input from Agents.  In a perfect world, everyone follows instructions and policies to the letter.  In our real world where we have hundreds of agents and a significant number of them are temporary employees, there are lots of opportunities for agents to make mistakes possible [some deliberately gaming the system, some just careless].  But basically if you give an Agent a textbox to fill in [like for the extension they want calls coming to in a hot seat environment] or you give them select boxes with "-" or " " as an option, mistakes will be made and some of them can be crippling.  We need to be able to either eliminate or greatly reduce the possibilities to make these errors.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
I agree. This is a simple change, so I am submitting it for next release: We track this as issue #1202.