Author Topic: asterisk queue_log directly to mysql  (Read 8581 times)

scooby2

• View Profile
asterisk queue_log directly to mysql
« on: August 13, 2008, 00:55:54 »
We want to have Asterisk write directly to MySQL to make the Realtime page more Realtime. Should I take the Queuemetrics queue_log schema and try and get the data into that or can Queuemetrics look at a table and map columns? Asterisk 1.6 is going to support writing the queue_log directory to MySQL, so I figured I should get a head start on figuring it out.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: asterisk queue_log directly to mysql
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 15:22:53 »
If you look at the queue_log table, it should be trivial seeing which fireld is which. On the other side, I personally do not recommend having Asterisk log directly to MySQl, because:
1. It's more likely for a networked MySQL to be down than not to be able to write lto a local file. In a sense the local file acts as a "local buffer" and "natural backup".
2. qloaderd syncs with usually one second or less of delay, so ut should not change much.

Feel free to share your experience, whether you succeed or not :)

scooby2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 22:49:02 »
If you look at the queue_log table, it should be trivial seeing which fireld is which. On the other side, I personally do not recommend having Asterisk log directly to MySQl, because:
1. It's more likely for a networked MySQL to be down than not to be able to write lto a local file. In a sense the local file acts as a "local buffer" and "natural backup".
2. qloaderd syncs with usually one second or less of delay, so ut should not change much.

Feel free to share your experience, whether you succeed or not :)

Maybe its just our current setup. Currently it is set to log to the queue_log file and then machine B that runs Queuemetrics, nfs mounts that directory on the machine A and qloaderd runs from machine B to mysql on localhost and Queuemetrics talks to localhost.

If my Asterisk upgrade to 1.4.x ever works, I will try running qloaderd on the Asterisk box and then have Queuemetrics connect to that. That should be fast enough.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:30:23 »
Yes the nfs mount was never a brilliant solution, that's why we developend qloaderd. Qloaderd should be good enough (it's actually being used in some very large scale distribuited CCs worldwide with no problems).