Author Topic: Logging Out Going Calls without having to hit any code?  (Read 5160 times)

Brandonb

• View Profile
Logging Out Going Calls without having to hit any code?
« on: August 30, 2007, 05:50:44 »
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to log all outgoing queue calls without the agent having to hit a code to associate it with the out going call dumby queue? From everything I can search it seems like they will have to hit 8 + 300 (for example) then the number, and I don't think that will work out so well in my office.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Logging Out Going Calls without having to hit any code?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 14:38:08 »
Well, of course you can. The question is: you will likely want some calls to be marked as outbound and not all of them. Anyway, imagining you will want to put all calls on some outbound queue called OUT:

Code: [Select]
[queuedial]
exten => _.,1,SetVar(MY_QUE=OUT)
exten => _.,2,SetVar(MY_NUM=${EXTEN})
exten => _.,3,SetVar(MY_AGENT=${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _.,4,NoOp,Ag: ${MY_AGENT} N: ${MY_NUM} Q: ${MY_QUE}
exten => _.,5,MixMonitor(Q-${MY_QUE}-${UNIQUEID}.wav|b|)
exten => _.,6,DeadAGI(queueDial.agi|${MY_NUM}|Zap/g0/${MY_NUM}|q-${MY_QUE}|Agent/${MY_AGENT})
exten => _.,7,Congestion

This will dial outgoing calls on queue "OUT" using the full number passed as an option.

You need an outbound call with some name because QM expects to pick up calls by belonging to one queue.

Then you just define a trunk (by matching the number, or using a prefix)  that will understand that the number you input is for PSTN and dial it like Dial(Local/$OUTNUM$@queuedial/n ) in Asterisk so that it gets called.
That's all there is!

Brandonb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 04:51:35 »
Thank you for the quick response, am deff. a newb what conf would I have to edit or do I simply add this to the end of a .conf? Also is this copy/paste or do I need to add the queue number anywhere in that set of code or in this part.: Dial(Local/$OUTNUM$@queuedial/n )?
Thanks in advance this community has been great :)

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 18:24:35 »
It really depends on how you set up your system in the first place; If you are using TrixBox, see the TrixBox outgoing call tutorial but use the piece of dial plan posted here instead of the one in the tutorial.
You can find it @ http://queuemetrics.com/download/TrixBox_Outgoing_v10.pdf

Mailsouth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 18:25:25 »
So in the example the calls use an 8|. to send the calls out the newly created trunk.  What do you do if you don't want the callers do do ANYTHING other than dial the number the way they normally would?  We want to track all the calls for users in the queue but we don't want to disrupt normal users. 

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 13:24:58 »
Well basically you should find the Dial() command being called and replace it with the piece of dialplan above. Of course this means that ALL calls made on the system will be logged.