Author Topic: Multiple SIP Trunks in QM 1.5.3 + Trixbox 2.6.2.2 Setup  (Read 3352 times)

rx4change

• View Profile
I have a setup of Trixbox 2.6 with QM 1.5.3.  The box has multiple SIP trunk providers.  The installation is basically vanilla, with the modification made in the extensions_queuemetrics.conf for the SIP trunking provider's name as defined by FreePBX.

There are a couple problems with this setup:

1.  Cannot failover to secondary provider.  As the queuemetrics dial macro only references my primary SIP trunking provider's name, I can't fail over to a secondary box if that functionality was needed.

2.  Using this setup, the "maximum channels" functionality breaks when a mixture of calls are dialed.  Because an additional trunk is defined from a FreePBX perspective, the maximum channels allowed doesn't work as expected.  When a mixture of 8xxx-out and 9-out calls are dialed, there can be busy tones given off the primary SIP trunking provider, due to incorrectly calculating the number of actual calls across the trunk itself (which now doesn't match up with the Trunk definition in FreePBX).

There are scriptable solutions to these problems, but I'm wondering if there's a chance that this is being considered for a more formal solution.  Or has anyone else encountered and solved these to this point?

Thanks in advance.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Multiple SIP Trunks in QM 1.5.3 + Trixbox 2.6.2.2 Setup
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 22:43:26 »
I think you can handle this in two ways:

1. BEFORE calling the dial-out macro, you check that there are free channels on a trunk; you select therefore which trunk to use.

2. instead of dialling SIP/provider/123456789 you dial Local/123456789@sipbroker, and ther eyou add the Dial... failover... Dial again.. failover logic.