Author Topic: Call attempts: Avg ring is greater than agent timeout  (Read 2275 times)

gb_delti

• View Profile
Call attempts: Avg ring is greater than agent timeout
« on: October 07, 2009, 13:27:15 »
Hello,

When I have a look at the "Call Attempts" page, looking at the "Avg Ring" column for taken calls on ACD attempts by terminal, I have values that are greater than the agent timeout. For example, we have an agent that answered 8 calls (no calls lost), had an overall ring time of 4:29, thus an average ring time of 0:33. But the timeout for the queues is 10 seconds.

What does "Taken" and "Lost" mean?
a) Taken=Caller got connected; Lost=caller abandoned the queue?
b) Taken=Agent picks up the receiver inside the agent timeout limit of the queue; Lost=Agent did not pick up the receiver inside the agent timeout

If it's a), then the Avg ring time is understandable because there are times when an agent only picks up on second try. If it's b) then I'm totally confused on how the Avg ring time can be greater than the timeout.

By the way, how is the ring time calculated? When I have a look at the queue_log file I can see RINGNOANSWER entries that show the ring time, but when an agent picks up the receiver there is no entry on how log his phone rung.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 16:43:08 by gb_delti »

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Call attempts: Avg ring is greater than agent timeout
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 19:13:17 »
The ring time is taken if after the ringing the agent answers, and lost if the ring is "empty". Ring time can be way higher that the timeout because Asterisk will try again and again, and it's all cumulated.

E.g. imagine this call

Time: 10: Agent 101 not answered for 10 seconds
Time: 20: Agent 102 not answered for 10 seconds
Time: 30: Agent 101 not answered for 10 seconds
Time: 40: Agent 102 answers

Agent 101 has 20 seconds of "lost" rings (10+10)
Agent 102 has 10 seconds lost and 10 seconds taken.