Author Topic: Adjusting Agent Options when adding/removing member and pausing/unpausing  (Read 5884 times)

cbastian

• View Profile
    • Email
We have an issue where agents often enter the wrong "current extension" when adding/removing member and when pausing/unpausing.  I read somewhere (a while back) that it is possible to make this field uneditable with the agent's current extension entered by default.  This is already the case on the "agent code" fields for all of these.  I have search but have not been able to find the correct piece of code to edit for this.  Does anyone know where this would be?  Thanks!

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
You can use a validation so that agents can only enter numbers that match a specific regexp. See e.g. realtime.agentRegexp in http://queuemetrics.com/manuals/QM_UserManual-chunked/apd.html

cbastian

• View Profile
    • Email
   I did see that option.  But, is it possible to have that field automatically filled out, and disabled, so that they can not even mess with it?  The issue is not always with them entering non-numeric characters.  Sometimes they will enter the wrong extension.  Thanks for the assistance.

--Charles

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Not at the moment, as the profile in itself knows nothing about the extension the agent is supposed to work at.

cbastian

• View Profile
    • Email
So when the screen loads, even though it knows that the agent code is, say, 1234.  It cannot be told to just put that same extension into the extension field and disable that field?  From a web development standpoint, that is a very basic task. 

I'm curious as to why that would not be a very basic feature...  Is this something that is in the works?  Or is this something that will cost us another 3-5K to get implemented?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
This is because if you use e.g.  hotdesking you would not know what the agent extension is. Doing it in a limited way - like pre-loading from the agent code - it would be  trivial to do.

cbastian

• View Profile
    • Email
That is what we want to do...  The agent code (in our instance) is always the same thing as their extension.  Our agents do not roam, and are always at the same extensions. 

It sounds like you are saying that it would be a trivial thing to get this set up.  Are there any guides for this type of customization?  Thanks!

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
It something we have to do ourselves - if you want contact the Support Line to get a customization quote.

cbastian

• View Profile
    • Email
Nah, the controllers of the money won't go for paying for a simple upgrade like that.  It is something that agents can be held responsible for.  Thanks though...

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Here is what I can do:  I can add this to the queue as a potential improvement. Priority won't be too high though, unless other people are interested as well.

cbastian

• View Profile
    • Email
That would be good.  Thanks!

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
FYI this is bug #1850

dmcnulty

• View Profile
In my A* installation, all agents are allowed to roam, all the phones are multi-line, and all the SIP channels are a mixture of letters and numbers.  When an agent wants to add himself as a queue member using Q-M, the only "extension" he knows about for a phone is a 3-digit number that appears at the top of the phone's display.  So I have to convert that known extension to a corresponding SIP line ID.   Q-M has no facility to make this conversion, so I'm forced to use A*. 

For the A* conversion, I've created a separate MySQL database, with a dedicated table containing columns for the known extensions and the SIP line IDs.   Then I modified the logic for extension 35 in dialplan context [queuemetrics] to let A* make an ODBC function call that determines a replacement value for var ${QM_AGENT_LOGEXT} before calling AddQueueMember.  No changes were required to the extensions for removing, pausing or unpausing the agent. 

In the case where the agent has entered an invalid extension when joining, the ODBC function returns a blank, and I make the var ${QUEUENAME} blank so as to force the AddQueueMember call to fail.  Then no entry to the queue log is generated, and the Q-M realtime display shows no change in membership.   

I hope this info is useful to anyone struggling with the problem of agents logging in with invalid extensions. 

-  Dennis

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics