Author Topic: Logrotate & Queuemetrics Issue  (Read 7199 times)

tsolaaa

• View Profile
    • Email
Logrotate & Queuemetrics Issue
« on: July 15, 2011, 18:10:30 »
Hello Everyone,

We are running Queuemetrics 1.7.1.0 with Asterisk 1.8.3 and logrotate.

Every night at 12:00 we have logrotate run, when this happens any agents listed in the Real-Time page on QM disappears.

I'm guessing this happens because QM no longer sees the agents active in the logs and thinks they have left the queue.

Has anyone else had this issue or found a work-around?

Thanks!

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
Re: Logrotate & Queuemetrics Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:37:33 »
Hi.

If you're using a DB as a queue data source for QueueMetrics this is not related to the log-rotation of your queue_log file.
This is, more probably, something is reported to this FAQ: http://www.queuemetrics.com/faq.jsp#faq-020-midnight-rt

If, instead, you're using the queue_log file as a source, I suggest to install the qloader daemon and let it able to upload all events to QueueMetrics database. This is the best modality you can have to overcome to the log-rotation problem.

Thank you and regards,
Marco Signorini.

tsolaaa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 19:48:04 »
If you're using a DB as a queue data source for QueueMetrics this is not related to the log-rotation of your queue_log file.
This is, more probably, something is reported to this FAQ: http://www.queuemetrics.com/faq.jsp#faq-020-midnight-rt

We are currently a 24/7 call center, could you recommend the correct value for realtime.startHour ?

Currently we are set at

#The hour of the day to start real-time monitoring or sXX: sliding window of XX hours
realtime.startHour=0

I want to avoid making any changes without knowing the possible implications.

Thank you.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:18:17 »
You should use a sliding window that is a couple of hours longer than an agent's longest shift, e.g. if they do 6 hours, set it to s8 for safety. Consider that the longer the sliding window, the more load QM takes when running a report.

tsolaaa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 18:48:30 »
So I have changed the value from "0" to "s12" since we have 3 separate shifts all working for 10 hours.

Is there any possibility of any future releases of QM to keep an agent state and keep track of who's logged in and out instead of parsing the log file every time? I understand the need for the sliding window for performance concerns, however once the sliding window expires and that agent has not logged out, QM stops reporting that agent, and then we start to accumulate "logged in" agents who aren't being shown in QM.

Thanks for your support.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:29:18 »
But by using a sliding window that is longer than a single shift, you should be sure you always have data....

tsolaaa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:08:40 »
I am honestly not sure what you are saying.   :-\

In a perfect world, I would love to have all the agents log out at the end of the day and if not, have their supervisors do it for them, but that is not possible.

I am just looking for the best method to have Queuemetrics not drop logged in agents when the clock hits midnight.

Our current setting:

#The hour of the day to start realtime monitoring or sXX: sliding window of XX hours
realtime.startHour=0

What can you recommend to be the best practice to have Queuemetrics not drop logged in agents at midnight, if we have three shifts (Morning, Noon and Grave), each lasting ten hours, being a 24/7 company.

I apologize for not understanding, but I do not what to change a setting without understanding how it fully works.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:16:30 »
Instead of starting from midnight, the sliding window will start looking for agent data at (say) minus ten hours from now, so if your shifts last (say) 8 hours, you are sure that you have data in the last 10 hours. Of course agents must log off at the end of a shift.

tsolaaa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 20:12:30 »
Our agents constantly forget to log out at the end of their shift. We do not have a way of forcing them to log out.

Therefore, we are trying to find the best method of having Queuemetrics keep reporting an agents status, even if they forget to log out at the end of their shift.

If I understand correctly, by using a sliding window, QM will gather agent data minus XX hours. (Whatever is set in the realtime.startHour=sXX)  However, this is still a limitation because

it will drop agents from the real-time page after the sliding window time expires.

I am asking if there is any way around this, so that QM will always report an agents status until that agent actually logs off.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 12:27:37 »
You could have a sliding windows of 2x the shift, but this adds a bit of load on the server.

tsolaaa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 20:39:04 »
You could have a sliding windows of 2x the shift, but this adds a bit of load on the server.

So that will keep an agents logged in status for x2 the time of the shift?

Or

will that keep an agents status forever/until that agent logs out.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 20:41:05 by tsolaaa »

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 11:56:21 »
They will not be logged on forever - you should log them on daily at least.