Author Topic: Dynamic block help  (Read 4012 times)

mrothrock

• View Profile
Dynamic block help
« on: April 12, 2014, 16:56:45 »
I've created a few reports/wallboards that are external to Queuemetrics, but I would really like to also start using dynamic blocks as well.  The docs in xml-rpc state "QueueMetrics will call the external server and provide it with the parameters of the current report." Then I return the values I want, I get that.  What I am missing is exactly how I get Queuemetrics to call the "external server" in the first place, and additional details such as how do I specify exactly which report is the one that is going to be modified with the external data?  Any help you can give would be appreciated.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Dynamic block help
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:52:49 »
The details of how that is to be implemented can be found here: http://manuals.loway.ch/QM_XML-RPC_manual-chunked/ch06.html

mrothrock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 21:18:51 »
Is there any more details available?

It states "In any case, QueueMetrics will call the external server and provide it with the parameters of the current report. These parameters are set as follows:"  How and where does it call the server from?

It also states " possible to have dynamic blocks generated externally that are included in QueueMetrics reports."  How do I specify the report I want these blocks added to?

For example can I add a block to the Queue details report?

mrothrock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 19:14:44 »
Maybe a better way to word the question:

If I go into cfg reports and edit on of my reports I can add a new data block xs02 for XML-RPC type.  Also on the server I see the example provided in the xml-rpc folder, but how do I tell the data block xs02 which script it is suppose to run to include?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 18:10:12 »
Because you enter its URL as a parameter, as described in detail for XS01 in the manual - see http://manuals.loway.ch/QM_UserManual-chunked/ch06.html#_externally_generated_reports - this is what you were looking for correct?

mrothrock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 21:20:20 »
Perfect! That was what I was missing, thanks.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 09:35:31 »
 ;D