Author Topic: Multiple Sequential queues  (Read 2703 times)

vinod

• View Profile
    • Email
Multiple Sequential queues
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:32:22 »
Hi

I am new to QM.

I have my first installation on a trixbox 2.4. I have tested QM with a single queue and a single agent login. It was successful.

How can  I configure multiple sequential queues for a single agent through QM with FreePBX/Trixbox.

Our FreePBX Queue Setup:

In our multiple sequential queues, the queues are configured successively one after another, i.e. the first queue is followed by a second queue as a failover destination, and continues sequentially, which ends with the 5th queue.

Each queue is represented by the same single agent all the way in the queue process.

The reason for having 5 queues is to play different announcements at each queue levels.

My question is how can I configure these multiple FreePBX queues with QM.

Please advice me, if i'm wrong in my question....

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Vinod

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Multiple Sequential queues
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 09:55:38 »
Yes, this is in fact pretty easy to do.

Imagine that your queues are called q1, q2 .... to q5.

First you create a report-all queue in QM, with a composition of q1|q2|q3|q4|q5.

Then you run a report for it, enabling multi-stint mode.
This will give you a report as if all queues were a single one, with correct waiting time (from the start).

You can then drill down by turing off reports for multi-.stint mode and reporting on each stint separately (to see e.g. how many calls were answred in q3 and how many went through to q4).