Author Topic: "Multi-modal" contact center reporting - live chat  (Read 3464 times)

rx4change

• View Profile
"Multi-modal" contact center reporting - live chat
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:42:28 »
Warning: this might belong in the Open QueueMetrics Addons forum instead...

We have been approached a time or two about a unified reporting for the multi-modal contact center concept.  These contact centers use a combination of voice, chat, email, etc... to communicate, but would like a single pane of glass for reporting.

Since many of these are Asterisk / QM based already, what kind of an addition to QueueMetrics would adding tracking of LiveChat functionality, for instance?  What we would like is for realtime and ad hoc reporting to reflect not only time on call but time "in chat" with a "live help" button as well as the normal voice queue metrics.

I'll admit that this idea isn't fully baked at this point, but I've heard it enough that I'm considering a proof of concept around this.  I'm not 100% convinced that QM is the solution, but if anyone else out there is considering this, let me know.

Anyone from the QueueMetrics side of the house thought about this?

TIA!

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: "Multi-modal" contact center reporting - live chat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:36:34 »
Yes we have - the problem is that, while Asterisk is a single platform, you get many platforms for chat etc.
A way to address this would be implementing a functionality that lets you map sessions and availability to virtual queues, making it possible to import in QM any kind of information that works "like" a call center (or even different kinds of servers). This is something that is planned.

Of course, with a user pilot, it could happen faster...  ;D anybody else interested?