Author Topic: Agent and Queue config questions on TBOX  (Read 3790 times)

dwilson

• View Profile
    • Email
Agent and Queue config questions on TBOX
« on: September 16, 2008, 21:21:08 »
QueueMetrics - 1.4.6
Trixbox - 2.6.1
Asterisk - 1.4.20-1

Trixbox, Queuemetrics, and MySQL DB are all on same server.
Its a brand new install.   Just having a bunch of config issues and questions

******QUESTION 1*******
I was just reading over the manuals and conf files again, trying to figure out why my "agents are undefined", and why I can't get agents to login via the Queuemetrics Agent Page.

When I think I just found a big piece of the puzzle....."there must be no password on the agent"

I assume that this references the "agents.conf" file????

Could someone help explain why this is?  Why no passwords?  How are agents to login to their Queuemetrics page with no password?

******QUESTION 2*******
On the TBOX, do I need to have the agents actually listed in the various Queues as....

A101
A102
A103

Or can the queues be left blank on TBOX, and have the agents assigned to specific queues via Queuemetrics?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Agent and Queue config questions on TBOX
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:05:03 »

******QUESTION 1*******
I was just reading over the manuals and conf files again, trying to figure out why my "agents are undefined", and why I can't get agents to login via the Queuemetrics Agent Page.

When I think I just found a big piece of the puzzle....."there must be no password on the agent"

I assume that this references the "agents.conf" file????

Could someone help explain why this is?  Why no passwords?  How are agents to login to their Queuemetrics page with no password?

No password IN ASTERISK, though they will log in to QM using a password. The two things are not related. QM will send a logon request to Asterisk, and that will have no password.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:06:43 by QueueMetrics »

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:08:10 »
******QUESTION 2*******
On the TBOX, do I need to have the agents actually listed in the various Queues as....

A101
A102
A103

Or can the queues be left blank on TBOX, and have the agents assigned to specific queues via Queuemetrics?

If you use full agents, you should be using the given syntax. QM also suppoorts the dynamic loggin in to queues via ADDMEMBER (only on Asterisk 1.4, but you have it).

baselhamad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 23:57:05 »
Can you expand on how to use addmemeber? right now I use trixbox 2.6 with QM and it's a pain to have to add all the agents to each queue and then have to pick which queues each agent is assignd in QM. It would be nice if QM pulled the info from the Queues in free PBX.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:26:40 »
It can ALREADY pick information from Asterisk, by using the Setup wizard option under Edit QueueMetrics settings.

If you use dynamic members (the *+queuename to login in TB, IIRC) this will simply be used as needed, as there is no fixed agent list.