Author Topic: Split Audio Files  (Read 3252 times)

carlosmp

• View Profile
Split Audio Files
« on: April 02, 2010, 21:13:54 »
I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the storage of the monitoring files to add additional variables.  For example, we'd like to have a directory structure as follows:

Queue-CustID\YYYY\MM\DD

This way, we can separate our audio recordings, and make the archiving of them per customer much simpler.  The only issue I foresee is that the configuration.properties may not accept a variable for the Queue-CustID, or at least not an asterisk based variable.

Before I spend too much time on this, is this feasible/possible?

I've seen the documentation to change the FilesByDay, etc. but because I'm using FreePBX it makes it a bit more difficult to split up.  I'm sure I can get FreePBX to cooperate, by moving the queue out into extensions_custom, to set the recording path, the thing is how do I get QM to pickup the variable path...

Thanks,

Carlos.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 21:15:38 by carlosmp »

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Split Audio Files
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 14:49:56 »
The LocalFilesByDay already allows the arbitrary naming based on the queue name.....

carlosmp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 15:01:57 »
But that is at the recording file name, not the directory level.  I was hoping to have a directory level name, so that we can allow access to archive recordings by queue/subqueue. 

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:53:44 »
You could do queue/YYYY/MM/DD/client/filename.wav, or just YYYY/MM/DD/queue-client-unique.wav

The big problem is when you have 1000s or 10000s of files in the same directory.

carlosmp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 14:18:30 »
Is there a way to do queue.subqueue/YYY/MMM/DDD/filename.wav?  The queue.subqueue would be sufficient, as we could setup ftp access to ertain folders for certain users.  If the client definition is all the way at the end, that's a lot of directories to add to the ftp access list...

Thanks.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:07:11 »
From the point of view of Qm, there is no "queue.subqueue", the whole queue name is queue.subqueue.

carlosmp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 14:52:57 »
So in other words, we can specify queue/YYYY/MM/DD/filename where queue = queue.subqueue?

The only thing needed to be changed in the extensions would be the Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=, but then what would need to be changed in configuration.properties?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 10:20:14 »
Yes that's so.
You need to set the filename as expected by the PM.