Author Topic: Error when migrating QM v1.6.1.0 to v1.7.1.0  (Read 2866 times)

cpaguio

• View Profile
    • Email
Error when migrating QM v1.6.1.0 to v1.7.1.0
« on: July 06, 2011, 18:00:32 »
I'm trying to create a QM testbox to see the new features of v1.7.1.0. So I installed the new QM on a CentOS machine using yum. I copied over queue_log and mysql database from our production system, which is using a licensed QM v1.6.1.0. However, when I browse to QM testbox, it shows the following error.
=============================================

"Error (tech) in class 'it.loway.app.queuemetrics.autenticazione.caricaDatiIniziali'. -- Inner Exception -- - Exception: it.loway.tpf.common.exceptions.TechException - Stack trace: - Errore DB: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'p.isPayable' in 'field list' - at it.loway.tpf.SQL.selectLt(SQL.java:420) - at it.loway.tpf.SQL.selectLt(SQL.java:454) - at it.loway.app.queuemetrics.autenticazione.caricaDatiIniziali.doRun(caricaDatiIniziali.java:303) - at it.loway.tpf.transaction.servlets.LowayTransactionController.runVerb(LowayTransactionController.java:262) - at it.loway.tpf.transaction.servlets.LowayTransactionController.serveRequest(LowayTransactionController.java:552) - at it.loway.tpf.transaction.servlets.LowayTransactionController.serveRequestWrapper(LowayTransactionController.java:373) - at it.loway.tpf.transaction.servlets.LowayTransactionController.doGet(LowayTransactionController.java:217) - at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689) - at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) - at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237) - at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104) - at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104) - at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) - at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929) - at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160) - at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799) - at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705) - at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577) - at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683) - at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) - -- End Inner Exception -- - "
=============================================

Running dbtest, it found errors and said it was fixed. But the same error still occurs. I also tried fixing the database using myisamchk to no avail.

Would you be able to suggest a solution?

Thanks!

cpaguio

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Error when migrating QM v1.6.1.0 to v1.7.1.0
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 18:13:00 »
This is a screenshot of the error found using dbtest.
=========================
Checking current version of table: "call_status" -> Error -> Java Error: Errore DB: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'seckey_queues' in 'field list' The required database table 'call_status' is missing some fields. Are you updating from a previous version of QM?
=========================

Dbtest performed the fix successfully based on the test log. But the initial problem persists.

Appreciate your help on this.

cpaguio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 23:56:34 »
I was able to resolve the issue by manually adding the missing columns in MySQL database. I used the following commands.
=============================
# mysql -p queuemetrics
password:

mysql> alter table `pause_codes` add `isPayable` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0';
mysql> alter table `call_status` add `seckey_queues` text NOT NULL;
=============================

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:25:46 »
Great job.
What you did is correct!

I'll investigate why the database updater was not able to do it automagically by installing the two version and replicating here the update.

Thank you again.
Marco Signorini.