Author Topic: Queuemetrics suggested configurations  (Read 2070 times)

WinDrop

• View Profile
Queuemetrics suggested configurations
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:27:23 »
Hi All.

I'm new to this forum, and first of all would like to say hello to everybody ;)

I have a issue with queuemetrics, and i do believe that it's a MySQL configuration issue. It's not be who installed it and done all the configurations, people before me done it. And as I don't know MySQL very good i can't configure it in the right way.

So...My server specs:
2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5640  @ 2.67GHz
16GB RAM ( don't know DDR2 or DDR3 )

Queuemetrics version: Loway QueueMetrics - 12.1.2

I do believe that server is powerful enough to hold call center of 200 agents and couple more other departments who use queuemetrics to run reports. So in total, at peek time, there might be around 300-320 people using queuemetrics at the time.

My Issue is, that around 1PM till 5PM we have to restart queuemetrics nearly every 15-20 minutes because it starts to run terrible slow. People can't add queues to themselves, can't unpause or pause  because, as i said above, it's terrible slow.

I do believe that it's a database issue because configurations that we have now are:
Code: [Select]
--key_buffer_size=4096M
--table_cache=1024
--sort_buffer_size=4M
--read_buffer_size=1M

These are the only settings i could find as MySQL have been started with these settings.
/etc/my.cnf is empty so rest of the settings must be default anyway.

What do you think what could be the reason why we have to restart queuemetrics so many times during the day?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:41:48 by WinDrop »

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Queuemetrics suggested configurations
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 15:27:19 »
Are you sure your problem is at the MySQL level? How is CPU usage going? How is Java heap usage?

To me, the most likely thing is that you have a realtime window a bit too large, so in the afternoon it has to process too much data for real-time reports.