Author Topic: Installation Fails with missing DB table  (Read 2780 times)

Caspar

• View Profile
    • Email
Installation Fails with missing DB table
« on: July 22, 2009, 15:49:07 »
Hi

I am trying to evaluate QueueMetrics for our company and followed the instructions in the User Manual: http://queuemetrics.com/manuals/QM_UserManual-chunked/ar01s02.html

But when I try to access the QueueMetrics page, it starts with a "QueueMetrics JDBC connection tester"

which fails at:

Checking if exists database table: 'arch_syslog':

Java Error: Problema DB: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'queuemetrics.arch_syslog' doesn't exist The required database table 'arch_syslog' is missing or unreadable.

When I edit the queuemetrics_sample.sql script file, I noticed that the arch_syslog table is not created with the script.

Could you please update your manual/script and point me to the right direction on how I should install QueueMetrics on CentOS 4?

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
Re: Installation Fails with missing DB table
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:35:56 »
Hi.
The database structure provided in the queuemetrics_sample.sql file is what is requested by the first QueueMetrics release and it's able to generate the minimum database structure required by QueueMetrics to start working.

The QueueMetrics process is able check the database structure and update/upgrade it as requested by the specific version you're running. For this reason, when started for the first time, you'll be redirected to the JDBC connection tester. This is a wizard that sould be able to repair the database and let QueueMetrics working.

Did you tried to follow the wizard till the end of the suggested procedure? What's the result?

Regards,
Marco Signorini.

Caspar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:17:50 »
I've ignored the error and completed the wizard to the end. Everything seems fine.

Marco, thank you for your response.

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:44:51 »
Hi,
Great!

Best regards,
Marco Signorini.