Author Topic: QM not in /init.d/ or services  (Read 3007 times)

jbailey5280

• View Profile
QM not in /init.d/ or services
« on: June 11, 2013, 20:08:07 »
Hello all! Short-time troll, first-time poster here. To start, my apologies if this is in the wrong section. I have searched many times and have not been able to locate an answer anywhere, but if this has already been answered elsewhere, please let me know and I will gladly follow it!

I've recently installed QM and its dependencies (Java, Tomcat, mySQL, java connector) and can successfully access the site. My current issue is that QM does not appear in /init.d, and thus I don't know how to stop/start/restart it. "service queuemetrics stop" returns the same "no such file" notice. Did I screw something up during install? Is it possible to just locate the script and place it in init.d? I searched the QM files and was only able to locate a restart.sh script.

I should also add that I am a relative novice to Linux (currently running Cent), but can certainly follow directions and post screenshots/logs!

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: QM not in /init.d/ or services
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:44:41 »
How did you install queuemetrics? if you install it from our own yum repos, it WILL create two entries under /etc/init.d called queuemetrics and qm-tomcat6.

jbailey5280

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 21:31:04 »
Thank you for your reply, my apologies I did not see it! I installed using the .tar rather than yum. Our QM server crashed recently, and we did not have a proper backup (I know, I know - I am the new guy, shame on the old guy). I am now having to build a new QM server, and to avoid any issues with the Asterisk server, I used the tar to install the same version of QM that was on the crashed server (12.2.4)

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 14:23:10 »
It is usually easier to use yum for installation, so you get all the files set up correctly. If you install manually, you should have a restart script for your Tomcat server and that will be the one you are going to use.

jbailey5280

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 21:12:42 »
Again, my apologies for the delay and thank you so much for the replies! I ended up removing everything and installing via yum. All is well now!

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 08:12:57 »
Will make your life definitely easier the first time you have to upgrade. Good choice.