Author Topic: User logged into queues that she is not a member of  (Read 4676 times)

pauldsmith66

• View Profile
User logged into queues that she is not a member of
« on: July 20, 2012, 18:30:00 »
I have a user who is being logged into certain queues that she is not a member of.  We are on version 12.5.1.  We've had occassions where while a user was logged into queues a manager would remove their membership and of course they could not remove themselves from those queues until they were readded to those queues.  But that is not the case here.  Can anyone help me with this?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: User logged into queues that she is not a member of
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:14:41 »
Not sure what went on. You see the user added on a different queue? what is their Asterisk state? maybe they used AddMember from their telephone?

emilec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:51:29 »
Is the user appearing on an outbound or inbound queue?

I've sometimes seen that calls arrive at agents due to bad routing, even if not members of the queue, the call info will be logged to queue_log, which will give the illusion that the agent logged onto the queue, when in fact all they did was receive a call.

Your raw queue_log file would be a good place to start to see what events you have for that agent.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 10:17:19 »
Yes: for safety QM assumes that if a call was routed to an agent this means the agent was a member of that queue at that time, and for some reason this was not logged correctly.

cbastian

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 16:03:41 »
Hello,
   Some additional information about this issue:

We have removed the agents from everything we can find that shows them in the queues, but they are still able to see the queue (and add themselves to it) in the "Add Member" drop down.  The only think I can think of that might be the issue is the Display Key?  For instance, with on of the issues, the queues all have a Display Key of "WA".  But the agents are only members of some of those queues.  The agents do have the WA key in the settings though.  Could this be the issue?  It is the only common factor that I can find remaining...  Thanks for any assistance.

--Charles Bastian

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 12:29:46 »
Think about the key as a physical key - each queue has a lock (the "visibility key"). If you want distinct people to see distinct things, you set up distinct locks and hand off keys accordingly (some get one, some get two, some get none). 

cbastian

• View Profile
    • Email
[SOLVED] Re: User logged into queues that she is not a member of
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 15:09:28 »
Makes complete sense, to me.  I'll start the process of modifying how we have our keys.  Thank you for the information!  It was very helpful.

--Charles