Author Topic: QM with astmanproxy  (Read 4979 times)

AB_FCR

• View Profile
QM with astmanproxy
« on: October 15, 2012, 21:36:35 »
I just sent a similar question to support, but was hoping to get a wider audience.  I use queuemetrics in a fairly busy call center, that is about to get busier during the holidays.  Support previously suggested that I could try out astmanproxy to help lessen the load on the AMI, that other users have had good success with it.

I was wondering if anyone had any guidance to get astmanproxy working with queuemetrics.  When I try to pass commands now I receive a "QueueMetrics cannot send the command to the PBX" error. 

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: QM with astmanproxy
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:55:22 »
I am aware that we have a few clients using proxies, though I'm not sure this is exactly AstManProxy.

AB_FCR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:47:17 »
Well if anyone has any suggestions, including other proxies to use Id be grateful.  I do not understand the AMI well enough to really move forward.

AB_FCR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 08:53:45 »
The error received in the AMI tester is, edited slightly.

AMI URL: tcp:login:password@192.168.1.1:5038

Problem: AMI query failed

Exception: it.loway.tpf.common.exceptions.TechException Stack trace: Error TCP connecting to: 192.168.1.1:5038 timeout: 2000ms

Exception: it.loway.tpf.common.exceptions.TechException Stack trace: Unknown ACM version: 'Asterisk Call Manager/1.27 ' at it.loway.app.queuemetrics.asterisk.manager.DataSources.AstManagerThroughSocket.openSocket(AstManagerThroughSocket.java:131) at it.loway.app.queuemetrics.asterisk.manager.DataSources.AstManagerThroughSocket.openDataSource(AstManagerThroughSocket.java:53) at it.loway.app.queuemetrics.asterisk.manager.AstManager.connectFromUri(AstManager.java:73)
     AMI Dialog took 220 ms

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 11:08:44 »
I understand you patched AstManProxy to go past this error - what did you change?

AB_FCR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 17:58:55 »
I got your email, so Im pretty sure you already know this.  But for anyone else that may be interested I had to change the proxy banner and the proxy version to get this to work inside of astmanproxy. 

Inside the makefile i changed the version to read as 1.0 instead of 1.27.  Also I changed the Proxy_Banner to say "Asterisk Call Manager" instead of "Asterisk Call Manager Proxy".

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 15:46:40 »
Thanks - so if we add detection of "Asterisk Call manager proxy" we know we can ignore the version.
This makes it easy to fix!