Author Topic: Comperhensive QM collected data to be recorded in SQL database via XML API?!  (Read 4765 times)

torontob

• View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I want to save the data that QM collects into a SQL table. I understand that due to it's closed nature XML must be used. I also understand that many people here may tried doing something similar or have custom reports. I am wondering if there are any of such coders here that have shared their code on the forum or put it under GNU so we can use it.

My coder is asking for all the information such as who the call go to, it's duration, wait time, abandon rates, etc....to be in a SQL table for him to grab it and integrate it into FLEX/FLASH.

I guess I am looking for a comprehensive, all possible values that are possible to collect to be grabbed using XML in real-time and to be put in SQL.

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks,

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Here is what I would do:
- at night, run a report via XML-RPC for each queue for all the previous day
- load that data into SQL
- query it the next day so you have it all

torontob

• View Profile
Hi,

A- Is there one specific query that I can make for all the data available for the day?
B- Can you please be a bit more specific if there is a way to structure the data received into fields nicely or does it come nicely parsed once queried?
C- Is there no way to have this in real-time?

Thanks,

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
You can have this data in real-time, but with real-time data you have to keep track of calls that are incomplete now and will change status/duration/etc. once completed. So it is easier if you can do that on calls that are simply closed.

The XML-RPC is made for data exchange, so you basically have it all as arrays of strings in your target language. You could then reprocess data or simply dump it all to a DB.

There are a lot of XML-PRC queries you can make, so just choose what you need - see here: http://queuemetrics.com/manuals/QM_XML-RPC_manual-chunked/

torontob

• View Profile
Can you please direct me to a list of ALL xml queries that I can make at the end of the night? Nothing real-time. All reports only. Thanks

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
That's the XML-RPC document I posted above. Basically it's the same query (a report) but with a set of parameters different for whatever response blocks you want.

torontob

• View Profile

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics