Author Topic: Failure after upgrade from 1.4.7 to 1.5.3 !  (Read 2222 times)

dsatta

• View Profile
    • Email
Failure after upgrade from 1.4.7 to 1.5.3 !
« on: May 13, 2009, 20:13:11 »
Hi.

I experienced problems after an upgrade from version 1.4.7 to 1.5.3,
Let me describe how I did it.

First I unpacked qm-1.5.3 into my webapps directory, which is /usr/local/tomcat/webapps

Then I copied the working web.xml and configuration.properties from v1.4.7 to the WEB-INF
directory of v1.5.3. I also copied the mysql-connector into the libs directory of v1.5.3

Now I restarted Tomcat and executed the DB-Tester. The DB-Tester requested a confirmation to do
a database upgrade which I permitted. The DB-Tester eventually told me the update was successful
and that it will restart QM when I hit the Next-Button

4. After hitting the Next-Button, I just got the following error message:
"Your user session has expired. The webapp will restart automatically in a few seconds."
It restarts over and over again and won't give me a login screen.

Now, when I tried to fall back to v.1.4.7, this version of course told me, that my database
is too new; sure, I just upgraded it....
Eventually I had to delete the whole database 'queuemetrics' and restored my backup from
last night to make v1.4.7 working again.

I did this whole procedure twice to make sure I didn't forget something, but the
result was the same; I got the same error again.

Does anybody know what the problem is here ? Why does dbtester display a successful
message after the upgrade, but the application gets stuck with this user session error ??

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Daniel

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Failure after upgrade from 1.4.7 to 1.5.3 !
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 21:46:44 »
Please send a copy of your database to Loway by e-mail so that we can run a test immediately.