Author Topic: quemetrics webpage not coming up  (Read 2957 times)

fcallahan

• View Profile
quemetrics webpage not coming up
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:59:07 »
Our queuemetrics machine has been running fine for a while.  I had some problem of people not being able to connect to it via the web giving error not able to connect.  So I restarted the quemetrics server.  After the restart when tring to access http://myserver:8080/queuemetrics it gives

Directory Listing For /

Filename   Size   Last Modified
Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

If I try to access http://myserver:8080
the apache web server comes up.

I checked the startup and it shows in the boot up that it is starting queuemetrics and no errors on the screen.  How do I get queuemetrics to come back up.  Do I need to reinstall queuemetrics.  We are currently using 1.4.3.  I need to get this up and running again.
After I restarted the server I looked in the /usr/local/queuemetrics/webapps/queuemetrics-1.4.3/WEB-XML folder and the configuration.properties file was gone.  I restored the file from a backup and restarted the machine but still getting the same response.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: quemetrics webpage not coming up
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:30:29 »
I would say that the Tomcat container does not understand that there is a webapp installed. My guess is that either WEB-INF/web.xml or WEB-INF/lib directory are missing.

fcallahan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 14:01:41 »
I check.  The WEB-INF/web.xml or WEB-INF/lib are both there.  That was the first thing that I went to look at.  The full path that I looked at was /usr/local/queuemetrics/webapps/queuemetrics-1.4.3/WEB-XML/  is there any other directories that I need to look at.  I had also gone in an uninstall some apps through Gnome, like open office, games, and some other apps that did not pertain to anything dealing with queuemetrics to free up some disk space because we were at 97% used.  Do you have any other ideas what can be done to get it back up and running.  I have even went back and try reinstalling queuemetrics through yum but it still comes up with the same response via the web.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 12:35:11 »
Try and look at the catalina.out log file - when Tomcat starts up, it should sat something about each webapp that gets mounted.
As an alternative, remove Tomcat altogether and reinstall Tomcat and Qm from scratch.