Author Topic: Queuemetrics java memory / sql optimization  (Read 2960 times)

bhenry

• View Profile
    • Email
Queuemetrics java memory / sql optimization
« on: May 17, 2010, 23:21:41 »
Queuemetrics has run great and we have been using it for about a year and a half.  Now I am running into an issue where the webserver/and or sql server are hanging throughout the day and requires to restart the service.  I feel that this may be due to the amount of data on our database and the amount of people accessing the data.  We have grown over the past year and a half and so has our queue data.  Sometimes it is the mysql server and sometimes it is the tomcat server that is running high on cpu utilization.  My thoughts are that I need to bump the java memory on queuemetrics.  Right now is it allocated 256M.  What is an ideal amount of Java memory to use for queuemetrics?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Queuemetrics java memory / sql optimization
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 16:27:22 »
Good question - it depends on what you do with it and how many people are accessing it.   Try 512M and see if you cam work comfortably.

bhenry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 19:10:21 »
I bumped the physical memory to 2GB and Java to 512.  Has been working nice for 2 weeks so far!   ;D

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 14:33:16 »
You could go a bit higher just to be on the safe side. Of course if one day all the accounting dept decides to run reports on the last 5 years of data at once, it will go ka-boom! :)