Author Topic: Saving Asterisk Recordings to QM Server  (Read 2369 times)

jbailey5280

• View Profile
Saving Asterisk Recordings to QM Server
« on: June 26, 2013, 17:20:26 »
Hello -

I have seen other posts related to this topic, but the threads have all been inactive for quite some time. What I am looking to do is have our Asterisk recordings saved to the same server as QM. I recently took over control of our network, and the previous admin had this setup correctly, but do to a recent crash, the recordings were changed to save on the Asterisk server. Now that we have QM up and running again, I would like to store the recordings on the QM server. I am a relative novice with Asterisk - and Linux - so a step-by-step walk-through (or link to one) would be much appreciated. Currently the calls are saved in the directory /var/spool/asterisk/monitor and are separated by year, month, and day. If you think this would be more appropriate for an Asterisk forum, I would be glad to post there.

Thank you!!

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Saving Asterisk Recordings to QM Server
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 19:23:30 »
What you could do is have the QM server export a disk share, mount it in the Asterisk box as /var/spool/asterisk/monitor and have Asterisk save there. Be careful that if for some reason the QM box should be unavailable, misc havoc may happen to Asterisk trying to save to a non-existent share. So you know :)