Author Topic: Restricting Vistors to specific queue(s), access to reports for their queue(s)  (Read 4029 times)

dionv

• View Profile
I would like to provide each of our clients with their own login to the QueueMetrics system so they can: 1) Get reports on their project(s) (critical), and 2) See their queues status (bonus feature)

Our billing is based around minutes and SLA levels, so they want to be able to login through the month to see how their project is doing, and run historical reports.

It looks like the VISITOR key only allows for realtime queue monitoring, but not reporting. Am I missing something?

Is there some way I can create an individual login for each client that limits them to their queue(s) only, allows them to see their stats, but does not allow them to see anything else, or modify anything?

Thanks.

DionV

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Yes this is possible: first create a class for those users, with only the keys for the features they need. Make sure that they cannot modify the configuration.

Create the users for your clients to access the system.

Then protect each queue with a different security key, and give each user one or more keys.

Try to login using each user so you are sure you are only seeing what you're supposed to see.  8)

dionv

• View Profile
Ah ha! I see now. I was almost there. I had to protect *all* the queues with a visibility key first.

Thank you!

DionV

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Is it working now?

dionv

• View Profile
Yes, thank you. Appears to work like a charm. One just has to remember to add those visibility keys to regular users who will need to access those queues (like the Administrator ;) )

DionV