Author Topic: queue call questions please help  (Read 2749 times)

fredsi

• View Profile
    • Email
queue call questions please help
« on: May 18, 2010, 22:49:41 »
Hi support,

i have 2 scenarios i need help:
1. agent is on a queue call -- in the realtime page, it shows correct status. but when another call come in (in another queue she is assigned), the call come to her in the second line if Call waiting is enabled. how do i prevent that happening?
2. agent is on a queue (queue A) call -- at that time, she was only one for queue A, then another call come in queue A, it will stay in queue. agent is also assigned for another queue (queue B), but there are other agents in queue B at that time. after the agent hung up the 1st call, it happened a call came in queue B, and it rang to her, so the call in queue A still stay in queue. is it suppose the 1st call be answered 1st? I'd rather she answer the call in queue A and let others answer the call in queue B. How to configure that?

Thank you very much.

Fred

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: queue call questions please help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 11:36:34 »
About #1, you need to limit the number of calls on their extension. If not, your CC will never work reliably.

About #2, in Asterisk each queue is independent and has no visibility about other queues, so there is no simple workaround - unless you use only one queue.

mudslide567

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 06:47:52 »
Note that if you are using asterisk 1.4.x, the queue is unable to correctly determine the device state and sees all devices as available and will therefore keep calling agents' phones even wen they are already on a call.  the solution to this was a workaround of using AgentCallbackLogin [which is deprecated and has its own set of issues but does correctly determine the device state).

this problem has been solved properly in asterisk 1.6 and there is now a back port available to asterisk 1.4 (http://svncommunity.digium.com/svn/russell/asterisk-1.4/func_devstate-1.4/) that will correct the problem in asterisk 1.4 so that queues correctly determine device state without having to resort to ACBL.

also make sure in your queue config you also have set "ringinuse=no"

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:30:51 »
+1  ;D