Author Topic: Distributed Call Center with Queuemetrics  (Read 3448 times)

dtoronto

• View Profile
    • Email
Distributed Call Center with Queuemetrics
« on: February 22, 2011, 19:28:50 »
Asterisk distributed call center.

I have a distributed call center with 1 queue server that handles the queues, and 2 extension register servers that the extensions register to.
asterisk1 = queue server
asterisk2 = extension server2
asterisk3 = extension server2

I am using asterisk 1.8 on all nodes and tigase XMPP for distributed device state across the cluster.  My question is how can I get the queuemetrics to log in agents from asterisk2 to the queue on asterisk1?  If I were manually logging in the agent I would simply use 'queue add member SIP/toasterisk2/100 to 2000' to log in agent 100 on asterisk2 to the queue 2000 on asterisk1.  I don't believe that Queuemetrics will allow this type of variable to be passed into asterisk when logging in agents.  Has anyone run into this sort of situation?  If so how would you go about implementing this sort of setup?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Distributed Call Center with Queuemetrics
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:37:55 »
QueueMetrics passes to the dialplan the agent code (like agent/123 and the current extension). You could use this information to detect where the agent is supposed to log on (e.g. all agents 1XXX go on server A and all agents 2XXX go on server B).

dtoronto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:56:37 »
Ok, I see what you mean, so for example I have asterisk1 with one queue, 2000.  Asterisk2 has the extension range 2XX, and asterisk3 has the extension range 3XX.  Where in the queuemetrics.conf can I tell the dialplan to log to queue 2000 extensions 200 as 'IAX2/toasterisk2/200' and likewise 300 as 'IAX2/toasterisk3/300'.  I currently have the trunks setup as IAX2, but if IAX is not possible with Queuemetrics I can just as easily use SIP trunking for my 3 asterisk boxes.  And thank you in advance for any help with this issue.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:45:53 »
Yes that's the general idea. QM is agnostic in terms of channel/technology, we just ship our examples with SIP because that's the one 99% of our clients use.