Author Topic: Inbound AND Outbound agents  (Read 4345 times)

sebun

• View Profile
    • Email
Inbound AND Outbound agents
« on: December 26, 2013, 16:24:53 »
Hi.

I just wanted to know if this is possible.

I've been able to track the outbound calls and set the agents to pick up the calls from a queue by using a hitting # but I don't find a way to have agents logged in and having the possibility to make outbound calls.

Thanks,
Regards.

PS: I think this should go in a different forum, but I can't move it so if some admin sees it, please move to the right forum. Thanks, and sorry.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 13:34:44 by sebun »

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Inbound AND Outboun agents
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 11:13:25 »
Not sure I understand - can you explain the scenario you are using?

sebun

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Inbound AND Outbound agents
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 13:47:41 »
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Basically, what we need to do is set a group of agents not only to receive calls but also to make outbound calls while logged to an inbound queue.

So far I've been able to:
* Agents do not receive the call directly but using '#' key to pick up a call from a queue they're logged in.
* Track outbound calls from the agents using QM and "outbound queues" as described in the documentation (qm-queuedial, etc).

What I haven't been able to do yet is to log the agents to pick up calls using the # AND have the ability to dial. It's one or the other, but not both when the agents are logged.

I'm not sure if I'm making myself any clear, hope I do. :)

Thanks!

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 15:44:29 »
I am not sure about the "picking" part....  can you get me some reference?

As per outbound, of course you cannot use "true" queues to do outbound - unless you use something like WombatDialer http://wombatdialer.com that sends calls to queues. You basically create specific queues and do all the logging through our script. We suggest creating "true" queues so it's easy to track presence information.

sebun

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 15:31:57 »
Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I fully understand the outbound functionality. I know that there's no "true" queues while using the qm-queuedial script and I'm OK with that.

The thing is: I need the agentes to be logged in Inbound Queues to receive calls and simultaneously they have to have the ability to dial out (using qm-queuedial). Is this configuration possible?

Regarding the "picking": I was mentioning the ackcall button (#) that can be enabled and configured in the agents.conf file in Asterisk. This is used to have the agents picking the calls while hitting # instead of directly receiving them when a call comes in. This is not something from QM in particular, but something we need to use in order to give the agents the possibility of receiving a call or not whether they are going to make a call (or not).

Thanks again, and sorry for the round trip.
Regards.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 16:52:56 »
If you need to have simultaneous inbound/outbound, I would use something like WombatDialer to send calls to queues - this way you are sure that an agent can never receive a call incoming while dialing out.
As an alternative, consider logging agents off of inbound when doing outbound.

sebun

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 19:18:34 »
Thanks!

I'll take a look at Wombat Dialer.

Regards.

sebun

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 16:08:41 »
In case someone has a similar problem, I was able to make work using data and examples from the below link and queuedial as explained in QM documentation.

http://www.sinologic.net/blog/2009-05/alternativa-al-agentcallbacklogin-en-asterisk-16.html

The link in spanish, but it's pretty clear as to the files that should be edited and how. I found a few examples in english, but they weren't as clear as this one. One single comment: I configured this in an Asterisk 11.6 (for testing) and it works just fine, but BEFORE the VMAuthentication line you'll see in the example you MUST add and Answer(), otherwise you'll have no channel and you won't be able to sign the agents.

Hope this helps as it helped me.  ;D

Regards.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 10:16:46 »
Thank you!  ;D