Author Topic: How to show agents as busy after transfers?  (Read 2664 times)

gb_delti

• View Profile
How to show agents as busy after transfers?
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:05:11 »
Hello,

In our callcenter we will have the following scenario: A customer gets into the queue, Agent A picks up. He can't answer the question from the customer and transfers him to another agent, Agent B, with attended transfer. Agent B is on the same queue.

In this scenario we want to display Agent B as "busy" as soon as Agent A has called him to ask if he accepts the transferred call. After the transfer, Agent A must show up as available. Also, the transferrred call should show up in the "Transfers" section of the "Answered calls" report.

While I probably could hack a behavior like this together with dial plan features and special pause codes, I'm asking first, if a behavior like this is already implemented and how I can activate it.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: How to show agents as busy after transfers?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:45:28 »
You must use two things:
- unattended (#+num) transfers to do the transfer
- a queue to handle the second-level support

This will disconnect the call from the first agent in Asterisk, so QM will report this correctly. This will also make it possible to track the "business" of the second agent.

If you need to do a consultative call before the transfer, you could use a direct call (not ACD) but that won't be traced.

tank30

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:06:45 »
Yes but what happens if the Agent that the call is forwarded to is within the same queue?
Forwarding a call does not necesarily means that we send it to second level support.
For example perhaps the customer is calling for second time and he want to talk with the agent that took the first call.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 15:49:41 »
In this case, you have two choices:

1. The correct way to handle this (i fyour CC is not too big) is that you create a queue for each agent, so that you can forward calls correctly. This is better for * so that the ACD module knows who is on conversation and who is not.

2. you do a direct forward BUT create queue-like records in the queue_log. This has the disadvantage for * that the ACD status is not tracked correctly, so it will try calling the agent in use.