Author Topic: Queuemetrics Migration to another machine  (Read 4540 times)

mhcordeiro

• View Profile
    • Email
Queuemetrics Migration to another machine
« on: December 26, 2008, 18:57:13 »
Hello All,

Soon, I'll have to migrate the Asterisk call center to a new server (New machine), and Queuemetrics will also migrate to this new machine. In order to start preparing for it, I'm trying to gather as much infoirmation I can to simulate this migration.
The intention is to keep all Queue data, and from the agents and supervisor point of view, the change won't be noticed.
Currently we are not using MySQL storage of the logs (it's a small CallCenter). So I was thinking about transferring the /var/log/asterisk/queue_log file, in order to keep the log to the reports.
My question is the agents and users configuration (Username, passwords, pauses configuration), which files should I backup to keep this current configuration.

Regarding the license info: Should I ask for a replacement? Or just use the same one?

Thanks again,

Marco Cordeiro

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Queuemetrics Migration to another machine
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 21:00:48 »
About the licence, the same one will do. Not ethat you cannot run QM on two servers at the same time with the same licence.

You should backup:
- the queue_log file. Just create it twith the right perimissions before starting Asterisk on the new box
- the configuration.properties file and the web.xml file (so you have the licence)
- all the MySQL database

Nothing else is needed.

mhcordeiro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 13:51:42 »
Thanks for the reply! I proceeded as recomended, and almost everything went great. The only thing that is still pending is the users and passwords configuration.
For Exemple: The Supervisor ID and password is not setup in the new machine after the configuration files migration.

Is it only setup manually?

thanks again,

Marco

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:46:36 »
No that's in the QM database. If you have the queue configuration you should have the supervisor passwords as well - they live in the same database.