Author Topic: trixbox and QueueMetrics  (Read 2812 times)

hammer200

• View Profile
trixbox and QueueMetrics
« on: September 16, 2008, 16:52:49 »
Hi guys

I have a question. We wanna install QueueMetrics on our trixbox server.
Now the technicians who will be able to do this says that it has to be installed on a seperate server running CentOs, as QueueMetrics and trixbox has "flaws" when they run on the same machine.

Is this true or am i being taken for a fool?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 17:43:00 by hammer200 »

trymes

• View Profile
Re: trixbox and QueueMetrics
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 21:04:39 »
They could be right, but we have been doing it here for years with no ill effects.

The answer likely depends on the size of your installation and your hardware. We have one incoming PRI, and our system handles Trixbox 2.2.4, Hylafax + IAXModem, Queuemetrics, and all of our call recording (all inbound queue calls) without ny problems. This is on a Pentium 4.

Your mileage may vary. If you could get details as to what 'known flaws' they are mentioning, maybe others could confirm that.

Tom

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:11:37 »
It really depens on the nujmber of agents. I would recommend using a separate server for sure over 50 agents, and if possible over 20. It also depends on how hard you intend to use QM... if you run a 100,000 calls query every split second, you are going to stress all possible hardware, and you don't want to have Asterisk waiting for I/O while QM crunches numbers.
I would suggest: try it on the same server (unless over 50 agents); if it leads to problems, move it to a separate one.

hammer200

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 15:01:08 »
thanks guys

We have more than 50 agents so i have setup a seperate server with centos on it.
After installing the queuemetrics software how would i link the servers.
I'm a noob to all this so any help will be appreciated.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:44:59 »
This is really quite easy.

You first install QM and MySQL on a separate server from Asterisk, and make sure it starts and you are using the MySQL storage (partition P001).  You then create a MySQL grant rule that will allow connecting to the database from the Asterisk server.

You install a program called qloaderd on the Asterisk box -- this is basically a lightweight data loader - and configure it to send data to the database on the QM box.

You can install all software using yum, so it's quite easy. See http://queuemetrics.com/install.jsp

A detailed giude to setting up MySQL storage (and clustering) with QM can be found at: http://queuemetrics.com/download/QM_mysql_cluster_100.pdf