Author Topic: Agents showing as logged in when they are not.  (Read 4973 times)

trymes

• View Profile
Agents showing as logged in when they are not.
« on: September 22, 2011, 22:58:34 »
I imagine that this is related to the "Friendly Name" issue with FreePBX 2.8 and newer, but I'll ask here anyway.

Running QM 1.7.1.7 and FreePBX 2.9.x

Asterisk consistently reports fewer agents actually logged in than QM reports as being logged in. Right now I have one agent logged in and QM shows 15.

Is there any solution to this, or must I simply wait for a new version to come out?

Tom

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Agents showing as logged in when they are not.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:34:25 »
Hard to tell - if you have friendly names it is likely that this breaks things up a bit.

trymes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 16:16:40 »
Is there a ballpark timeframe available for an update to QM that will work properly with FreePBX 2.8 and later? The change to FPBX that changed the queue_log entries such that they were written using the friendly name occurred over a year ago, and as major distributions upgrade the version of FreePBX shipped by default, I think more people will be encountering this issue.

I am just hoping for an idea if I should expect a fix in a few days, weeks, months, or years.

Many thanks,

Tom

PS: I don't know how Loway is proposing to modify QM to accommodate this change, but I think it would be nice to be able to assign multiple friendly names to one agent, such that calls for both "Jane Smith" AND "Bill Jones" will be shown for the same agent, as Jane Smith was at extension 130 until May, but then she quit and Bill Jones replaced her at the same extension.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:52:35 »
We have an alpha version in the CVS today. So I expect a beta by next week. If you'd like to test it pls contact Lorenzo.

Basically, you would add a list of "friendly names" to each agent, so that it can translate them back. And yes, we have multiple ones :)

trymes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 20:03:19 »
Any updates here? I sent an e-mail to Lorenzo on Thursday buti have not heard back.

Tom

coolname

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 05:09:37 »
I think it is better to change the freepbx code to suit QM.

trymes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 15:10:15 »
While I would like to see an option in FreePBX that would control this behavior, it does not appear to be forthcoming. As such, I can't embrace a solution that would require me to modify the FreePBX code every time I perform an update to FreePBX and then hope that changes in that version do not break my modifications.

In fact, the solution proposed by QM could even be viewed by some as preferable, as using the friendly name allows you to see when the agent  changed, so you are not counting Susie Jones' calls in when viewing Bill Johnson's (because Susie used to have Bill's extension).

coolname

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 12:16:27 »
I want use utf8 charset to show the agent name,but in freepbx it's not safe to set the extension name as a utf8 character(not verfied).So i would prefer to transfer  extension numbers between asterisk queue_log and queuemetrics  and set the name in queuemetrics.I think it is safer.You can make your choice.

trymes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 18:39:05 »
I see your point, but if you do not configure a friendly name in the extension setup for FreePBX, your CallerID will not properly show the caller's name.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 11:51:47 »
Tom, are Friendly names working for you?
Of course you should not log UTF8 data to the queue_log.

trymes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 00:44:11 »
BTW, the friendly names are working for me, but I still don't like the fact that FreePBX has given me no choice but to use them.

Thanks for providing the update to QM to handle this.

Tom

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 18:16:13 »
This is public in 12.01