Author Topic: FreePBX Hot Desking + Dynamic Agents + Queuemetrics  (Read 5531 times)

bhenry

• View Profile
    • Email
FreePBX Hot Desking + Dynamic Agents + Queuemetrics
« on: August 27, 2010, 16:50:50 »
I am trying to move my call center from my plain Asterisk/Queuemetrics setup to using FreePBX/Queuemetrics so that someone without Asterisk knowledge can manage it.  In the process of trying to move my plain Asterisk configuration to FreePBX, I am running into an issue with dynamic agents/hotdesking and Queuemetrics.

My agents answer call across a SIP trunk with their phones which are registered to a legacy PBX.  So I created a trunk in FreePBX to my legacy PBX which I named "SBCM01".  I enabled hotdesking with queuemetrics and noticed that when I used "Add Member", it showed up as SIP/XXXX in the Queue.  This did not work since my agents phone were located across the legacy PBX trunk so I modified Extensions_Queuemetrics.conf and added my trunk into the login portion of the QM dialplan.  At this point my agents show up in the queue as SIP/sbcm01/XXXX.  When I initially log in an agent and do a "show queues", they show up as invalid.  When I restart asterisk, they show up as not in use.  If I call the agents extension with a phone that is registered to FreePBX, their queue status also changes from invalid to not in use.  I cannot figure out why upon initial queuemetrics agent login that my agents join the queue as invalid.  I am admittedly very new to FreePBX so I apologize if I have forgot something obvious.

FreePBX version - 2.7.05
Asterisk Version - 1.4.31
Queuemetrics Version - 1.6.1

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Brendan Henry

marcos

• Loway
    • View Profile
Re: FreePBX Hot Desking + Dynamic Agents + Queuemetrics
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:40:21 »
Hi,

I admit I'm not an expert of FreePBX.
What I suggest is to write a custom extension in your dialplan where a test agent could log-in, and to understand what is the asterisk behavior in this simplest situation. How is marked by asterisk a logged-in agent in this situation? And after an asterisk restart?

Thank you and regards,
Marco.