Author Topic: QueueMetrics decided to stop working all of a sudden -  (Read 2957 times)

torontob

• View Profile
QueueMetrics decided to stop working all of a sudden -
« on: September 22, 2010, 16:08:28 »
Last night, I guess the Asterisk server restarted due to power interruption and now Queuemetrics is down. Doing "service Queuemetrics restart" works just fine and there are no errors. But the log shows that java didn't restart properly. The server has internet connection and I can ping google. What could be the cause?

Here is the error log:

Code: [Select]
2010-09-22 02:09:34 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]ContextListener: contextInitialized()
2010-09-22 02:09:34 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]SessionListener: contextInitialized()
2010-09-22 02:09:34 StandardContext[/jsp-examples]ContextListener: contextInitialized()
2010-09-22 02:09:34 StandardContext[/jsp-examples]SessionListener: contextInitialized()
2010-09-22 02:09:34 StandardContext[/balancer]Exception starting filter BalancerFilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/digester/Digester
        at org.apache.webapp.balancer.RulesParser.createDigester(RulesParser.java:65)
        at org.apache.webapp.balancer.RulesParser.<init>(RulesParser.java:43)
        at org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter.init(BalancerFilter.java:79)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:225)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:308)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:79)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:3698)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4349)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:701)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:701)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:432)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:983)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:349)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1091)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:287)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.digester.Digester
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1340)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1189)
        ... 31 more

Thanks

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: QueueMetrics decided to stop working all of a sudden -
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:49:40 »
Likely the power down broke something. To be extra-safe, you should do a complete reinstall - otherwise you will never know if everything is in order.

torontob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 23:46:44 »
I am disappointed that this was not diagnosed properly. As it turns out, all that I noted in my post and the logs just showed the normal operation of QM and QM was running the whole time but PBXinaFLASH had the port 8099 blocked.

Unfortunately, I had to waste many many hours with support to get this working but every time I was suggested a re-install and it was the wrong suggestion.

But it was solved with one quick call from Lorenzo. So, thanks.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 09:28:58 »
It was impossible to diagnose a locked-out service caused by your firewall's configuration from what you posted. That's why we had Lorenzo fix the issue.

torontob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 01:03:33 »
"It was impossible to diagnose a locked-out service caused by your firewall's configuration from what you posted."

^^^That statement is not true. It wasn't a locked out system as you claim. Only port 8099 was not accessible from outside. I provided all the logs asked for and I collected all the logs needed and there was full access to it. I was told to re-install over because there someone thought there was SOMETHING WRONG (with the logs) but really there wasn't anything wrong and it was only the firewall. I was told QM is none existent and I had to symlink etc...

These things happen with any software out there and I wasn't complaining. It just adds to your experience in future and to my experience to know what to look for and to speculate less. Wanted to make a note of it so as it may help others not waste few days on an issue like this.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 09:17:52 »
Ok.