Author Topic: Agent Login - Multiple Asterisk Boxes  (Read 3018 times)

bhenry

• View Profile
    • Email
Agent Login - Multiple Asterisk Boxes
« on: February 17, 2009, 14:50:57 »
I am trying to setup redundancy for my Asterisk server.  At the moment I have a hot spare ready to go in the case of a crash but one issue is that information about which agents are logged in / paused will be lost when I flip to my secondary server.  I would like to have my agents actions that are performed on the agent login page be performed on both servers.  Meaning that when an agent logs in to the main asterisk server they are also logged into the backup asterisk server.  Is this currently possible?

Here is my info from configuration.properties as it stands: callfile.dir=tcp:ID:password@x.x.x.x

Regards,
Brendan

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Agent Login - Multiple Asterisk Boxes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 17:00:05 »
At the moment this is not very much supported in QM - I think it should be working with a cluster setup, but running some tests would be better  ;D You could get an eval key and see if this works fine in your setup or not.
l

bhenry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 19:42:52 »
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have come back to this redundancy scenario.  Having agent's login to both servers at once is ideal because they should not even need to know about the clustering that is taking place in my opinion.  After reading through the Queuemetrics clustering section in the documentation, it seems that with clustering, the agent must select which server to login to.  Am I correct in this?

Is there no way to get have the agent login through Queuemetrics once and be logged onto both servers? 

I guess the problem would be redundant agent login and pause data?

Regards,
Brendan Henry

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 15:08:21 »
As long as you have the same information on all servers, this should not be a problem. It gets to be a problem if you have the same agent paused on server A and not on server B.

About logging in, as QM calls Asterisk dialplan to do stuff, you could intercept the call and make it log in to other servers as well (you could Dial a special extension on the second server to log iin)

My suggestion is to run a test using a clustered demo key, so you can find any problems before committing to the solution.