Author Topic: Can we mute the Refresh beep for Wallboard without effecting the Alarm Ring?  (Read 5614 times)

torontob

• View Profile
Hello,

It has proven that the refresh ring every 5 seconds on the wallboard is annoying to our agents as many of them complain about it. However, we want to keep the RED ALARM ring there. How can we get rid of the refresh beep?

Thanks

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics

torontob

• View Profile
Thanks. Genius :-)

torontob

• View Profile
I have one last question on the rings and alarms.

If our WAIT time goes into RED because a call is waiting too long then the ALARM starts ringing which is great.
However, if that call is picked up really late but IT IS PICKED NOW the ALARM ring still continues. That is NOT good :-(

Our supervisor can see the WAIT in RED and can talk to agents to get their act straight but there is no need for the ALARM to keep going once the call was picked up. Which setting can I change to get this working - I don't want to blank the ALARM as we like the ALARM like I mentioned in the second line of this post.

Thanks

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Try setting realtime.waitAlarmOnLiveCalls=false

torontob

• View Profile
Setting that to False sets the Wait to not be monitored at all. We still want it to stay RED but just don't ring the ALARM.

Is there anyway we can have RED ringer specific to Wait AFTER call is picked to BLANK.
We still want to keep the RED ringer during Wait time to alert us with the ringer.wav

Setting the option you mentioned to false works fine except for after the call is picked up it sets the WAIT field to white rather than keeping it RED. It would be good to keep it RED but just don't use the ringer.wav since the call is picked up now.

Thanks

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
No at the moment this is the closest approximation :)

torontob

• View Profile
Is this in the works?

Can you enter it as a useful feature to be added?

Because why keep ringing if a call picked up? It only confuses the Supervisor on site. Am I right?

Thanks

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
That's because if you have a red cell, you get a ring sound (basically). That's why there is a workaround but it disables the cell.

trymes

• View Profile
I would also agree that having the sound active other than when the call is waiting would be annoying at the least. That call could go on for 10+ minutes!

Can y'all confirm what the proper method is to disable the "ding-dong" on page reload? Should I comment out the line for yellow alarm, or is that sound file also played on some other occasion?

Tom

torontob

• View Profile
Thanks for the confirmation. I am sure other agree as well or just turn off the annoying ALARM all together. There is no reason for it to go on once the call is picked up.

For the ding-dong I just blanked the audio file and it works fine.

-Bruce

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics

Can y'all confirm what the proper method is to disable the "ding-dong" on page reload? Should I comment out the line for yellow alarm, or is that sound file also played on some other occasion?

Tom

I'd go for the realtime.waitAlarmOnLiveCalls=false