Author Topic: Ringnoanswer on real time page  (Read 3098 times)

gopal2k

• View Profile
Ringnoanswer on real time page
« on: December 12, 2014, 20:25:42 »
Randomly in real time page, am seeing new calls are ringing to same agent who is already on a call. It shows with a small phone ringing icon at the end of the agent name. 

Regards.

mirkox

• View Profile
Re: Ringnoanswer on real time page
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 13:23:07 »
Hi gopal2k,

that should depend on the ring strategy applied to your queue(s); and also I'd check if you set ringinuse=no.

Kind Regards
Mirko

gopal2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 14:10:22 »
Hi,

I have the rrmemory as ring strategy and ringinuse=no.

When I did a log check I found the device state was not update properly, not sure whether its a bug in Asterisk.

For now, I just added joinempty=inuse, post to this I don't see any issue sofar. Let me monitor for few more day.

Regards

mrothrock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 21:31:27 »
We have the same issue, same ring strategy.  I tried to set our retry time to 1 second instead of 0 seconds and it seemed to help a little, but it still happens.  I can tell which calls it happens to because if I search by attemps = 2 it is those calls, all my other ones are all attemps = 1.  I don't see the joinempty= inuse as an option in queues, is that something you have to add yourself?

gopal2k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 20:30:25 »
Hi,

joinempty = yes, is one of the parameter available in queues.conf. Check this link - http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+queues.conf

Moreover, this helped little bit, its not completely solved for me as well.

Basically the device state is not changing once the call is answered, basically it supposed to be Inuse after the call is answered but at some point of time, even call is answered the state change to 7 which is Ring+Inuse, so the call is keep coming in the real time page.

Regards,
Gopal

mrothrock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 22:39:58 »
Thank you,

I noticed it appears to be a random race condition, if I have two or more calls in queue waiting for an agent to become available, when the next agent becomes available they will be offered the longest waiting call, then sometimes it seems before the phone can be marked inuse the second call is also offered to the same station.  Someone else posted the same issue with a log output in another sub-forum see - http://forum.queuemetrics.com/index.php?topic=1907.0

This shows the same station being offered two calls at the same time.

gopal2k

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 07:13:53 »
Yes, I see this, its DEVICE STATE issue, its not changing when the call is answered, it supposed to change as Inuse, but it still shows as Ring+Inuse, and thats the reason the second call is coming to the same endpoint.