Author Topic: Agents logging in with wrong extension  (Read 4023 times)

itcanadian

• View Profile
Agents logging in with wrong extension
« on: November 16, 2011, 20:27:19 »
Hi,

My organization really appreciates Queue Metrics for the most part but we have some behavioral issues that we're trying to address which I believe could be easily addressed with some error checking in Queue Metrics.  I'm hoping it's already capable but not enabled in our installation. 

Here's are the scenarios:

Scenario A:  Agent A logs into the Webui and runs "Add Member" for their appropriate queue.  In the process, not paying attention, they enter their numeric password under "Extension" rather then their current extension, or they have a typo in their extension (ie. ext 2105 gets entered as 2015).  Queue metrics accepts this information and adds the bogus extension to the provided queue resulting in high wait times and an agent not taking calls.

Scenario B: Agent A logs into the Webui and runs "Add Member" for their appropriate queue.  In the process, they have a typo in the extension number which happens to coincide with the active extension of Agent B in a different queue.  Agent B then starts receiving calls for a queue that they aren't a functional member of.

Here are my requests:

Scenario A: is there a way to confirm the extension being entered is an invalid extension and prevent it from being added to the queue?
Scenario B: is there a way to confirm that the extension provided is in use elsewhere and prevent it from being added to the queue until it's otherwise removed from use?

As an FYI, we are using hot desking.  Let me know if this isn't clear enough and I'll clarify as needed.  Thanks in advance!

Mike.

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: Agents logging in with wrong extension
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 18:12:03 »
This is not included but if you are interested in a customization/improvement we can think of something....

iCapof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 17:22:09 »
This is exactly what's happening in our call center too with almost the same mistakes, I was wondering if it's possible for the administrator to remove the agents who entered the wrong extension or they don't have the correct queues for the real time dashboard?

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:55:38 »
In general you should be able to do that from the Realtime GUI. Of course if the agent codes are hardly mangled you may need to do that manually....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:18:31 by QueueMetrics »

iCapof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 16:47:28 »
Can you give me more details please on how to do it manually ? It looks like I'm not able to do it from my dashboard...

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics